Margaret Thatchers Funeral 17th April 2013

There goes that word again. Some people really can't drag themselves out of the past can they?

We are living in the past right now. The 'tories' have reverted back to form and bashing the hell out of the poor and the unemployed. It's the 80's all over again. Some people never learn do they?

She DESERVES NO BLOODY RESPECT!!!

Did you live in the 80's or what? She AGGGGGHHHHHHHH :mad:

Well we will agree to disagree mate,like i say ,my family suffered as much as anybodys,but i still think she deserved some respect for one day.

I didn't see him say that. He said there are some nice areas, which there are. I worked down there for a long time too when there wasn't so much work up here. It's what I did instead of sitting around blaming other people for me not having a job.

They don't understand the concept of wanting to make a better life for yourself it's pointless explaining it , moaning about it comes much easier to them .

Some people never learn do they?

And some people never move on.

Not harping on about someone who went out of power 23 years ago, not celebrating the death of someone who ceased to be a threat to them a long time ago, would be a good start. Other places have managed it, some I guess, just don't have the intelligence and would rather place the blame elsewhere than accept responsibility for their own lives.

So you have a local economy built around a large local employer. That large local employer pulls out an nothing replaces it. What next?

There are numerous examples from all over the world, not just Britain, where local economies collapse when this happens.

Serious question. What do the people of such places do when generations have worked in the same workplace, where the whole local economy is tuned to it, and then it's just gone?

Keep it civil please, any further references to "scum" will earn a ban.

We are living in the past right now. The 'tories' have reverted back to form and bashing the hell out of the poor and the unemployed. It's the 80's all over again. Some people never learn do they?

The truth is so uncomfortable for some.

No respect from you maybe , but don't try to tell others how they choose to act .

Please tell me you can see the hypocrisy in that statement and the denigration you have levelled at others for their protests and criticisms.

Edited by mikem8634

So you would prefer a Labour government inviting Eastern Europe to come and join us in running up spiralling debts they cannot even entertain paying back .

So you have a local economy built around a large local employer. That large local employer pulls out an nothing replaces it. What next?

There are numerous examples from all over the world, not just Britain, where local economies collapse when this happens.

Serious question. What do the people of such places do when generations have worked in the same workplace, where the whole local economy is tuned to it, and then it's just gone?

Accept change and move on that's what they do .

My father always told me,

Henry, never put all your eggs in one basket and the world doesn't owe anybody a living.

Wise wise words.

I didn't see him say that. He said there are some nice areas, which there are. I worked down there for a long time too when there wasn't so much work up here. It's what I did instead of sitting around blaming other people for me not having a job.

Lighten up. I was joking.

I lived down south too. It was rubbish. Couldn't wait to leave and get back up here.