Scam Calls After Ordering Goods From Amazon.

Every time I order good from Amazon ( which isn’t very often)  I start to get scam calls straight away. It’s two weeks since my goods arrived but I’m getting scam calls every day now on my landline. Is someone getting my landline number from Amazon . ? The voices are all foreign and when I ask for their telephone number they cut me off.

40 minutes ago, SheffieldForum said:

I can’t see the correlation personally.

Amazon doesn’t share your phone number with anyone — even marketplace sellers and delivery drivers.

Probably a coincidence.

I'm not so sure. I don't use Amazon now has it got too expensive for me. I did once have a  phone call to my then landline claiming to be from Amazon. The caller claimed that there had been a mix up with a order and wanted to refund me but wanted to check if my bank details were correct. This was a red flag straightaway  so I hung up. I then managed to find Amazon's phone number I rang up to ask if anyone had rung me from Amazon the reply was no and it was a scam call. I don't give out my phone number only to family but was at that time on my Amazon account. My advice is if someone asking about bank details  is to hang up and report it. 

18 minutes ago, GabrielC said:

I'm not so sure. I don't use Amazon now has it got too expensive for me. I did once have a  phone call to my then landline claiming to be from Amazon. The caller claimed that there had been a mix up with an order and wanted to refund me but wanted to check if my bank details were correct. This was a red flag straightaway  so I hung up. I then managed to find Amazon's phone number I rang up to ask if anyone had rung me from Amazon the reply was no and it was a scam call. I don't give out my phone number only to family but was at that time on my Amazon account. My advice is if someone asking about bank details  is to hang up and report it. 

Yeah, that’s a scammer and not Amazon.

They won’t have got your number from Amazon, but likely through some earlier phishing activity.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, pattricia said:

Every time I order goods from Amazon ( which isn’t very often)  I start to get scam calls straight away. It’s two weeks since my goods arrived but I’m getting scam calls every day now on my landline. Is someone getting my landline number from Amazon . ? The voices are all foreign and when I ask for their telephone number they cut me off.

3 hours ago, GabrielC said:

I'm not so sure. I don't use Amazon now has it got too expensive for me. I did once have a  phone call to my then landline claiming to be from Amazon. The caller claimed that there had been a mix up with an order and wanted to refund me but wanted to check if my bank details were correct. This was a red flag straightaway  so I hung up. I then managed to find Amazon's phone number I rang up to ask if anyone had rung me from Amazon the reply was no and it was a scam call. I don't give out my phone number only to family but was at that time on my Amazon account. My advice is if someone asking about bank details  is to hang up and report it. 

Some of the scam calls say that they are from Amazon, when they aren’t.

12 hours ago, SheffieldForum said:

Yeah, that’s a scammer and not Amazon.

They won’t have got your number from Amazon, but likely through some earlier phishing activity

What makes you so sure the caller had not got my number from Amazon ?

I only give my land-line details to firms such as Amazon, I give my mobile number to family & friends. I don’t take handset calls that have numbers that I don’t recognise, if I ignore someone by accident they will most likely have my e-mail address.

1 hour ago, GabrielC said:

What makes you so sure the caller had not got my number from Amazon ?

How would they have? Amazon's security is TIGHT. It would be a huge issue if they were passing on such details elsewhere.

What makes you so sure anyone would get your number from Amazon?

From Amazon: 

Information about our customers is an important part of our business and we never sell individual customer data. We may share your personal information with third parties. We only share the information to provide you with services or to comply with applicable laws. You can find examples of this sharing in our Privacy Notice.

The privacy notice outlines where they will pass on information to third parties, and it is only for joint products (i.e. Amazon branded credit cards, etc), which is rare and a specific purpose (and usually opt-in) or for identifying you for online ads (which doesn't involve phone numbers).

• Like 2