Margaret Thatchers Funeral 17th April 2013

Just out of interest it's only the Union Jack when raised at sea, on land it's the Union Flag. Strange that you use a term for Mandela that Thatcher herself used to describe him.

Strange how he is one of the MOST respected individuals in the world, despite all your pontificating.

yes i am sorry i agree my mistake i previously called it the union flag in the three threads that got deleted when i wanted to point out that sheffield city council didnt have the decency to lower the Union Flag, aslip of the toungue to call it the jack! thanks for pontificating:roll:

oh why is it strange ??? thats what he was and his wife history shows that beyond question, but as for him now he is probably a very nice man! i doubt he is seriously considered by the mainstream people apart from the politicians and b list celebs gladhanding that jumped on the mandela bandwagon after the years of apartheid and his presidencey for their own gain:suspect:

well lets see what happens when he dies...not long now by the look of him....i will bet this council lowers the flag to half mast and would go even further and say they use either the ANC flag or the south african one:roll:

"Oh I've failed, worked for 40 years, got my own house lovely family & grandkids, somehow I don't call that failing"

Ever thought it might possibly be your attitude to life?(serious question).

Oh Carol, not sure I understand what you mean, the 1st 3 words are ironic as I was relying to someone, the rest is how I've succeeded in life with what I've got now.

I don't know how long I've got left now as packing in work due to a terminal diagnosis, but always prided myself on never being out of work in 40 years.

My attitude to life is to live each day as if it's my last, love my family and friends and try to be nice to folk, sometimes I don't always achieve that I can be rude on here but only when someone rude to me.

I've not been rude to you, just tried to answer your question as honestly as I could, believe you me in 2 week spell I lost my mum, and was given my own terminal prognosis so life has kicked me in the jollies, would you not say.

Trust me a terminal prognosis knocks the crap out of you, Stan if you want to put you're my PR man in your signature feel free fella.

You asked me I've been as honest as possibly can, oh and my working life has been far from mediocre, been a van lad, miner, multi skilled setter operator & last 16 years a Civil Servant.

Pete

Edited by Bypassblade

i wanted to point out that sheffield city council didnt have the decency to lower the Union Flag, aslip of the toungue to call it the jack! thanks for pontificating:roll:

I'm pleased they didn't, Thatcher didn't show this City any decency in the 80's. She put a lot of Sheffielders through hard times and I'm happy the council stuck two fingers up to her today.