Margaret Thatchers Funeral 17th April 2013

Without wanting to get into an argument the derogatory comments about Goldthorpe on this thread are reflective of the general poor attitude to these communities from many. Wondering how talking communities down like that makes them feel like they've got the moral high ground.

Members of the community in question have behaved in a shameful way and those who didn't join in don't seem to have bothered to arrange any kind of objection to the communal behavior. Nobody would have mentioned Goldthorpe if they hadn't pulled this distasteful stunt. The community are being judged on their actions, surely that's correct.

Does anybody know how many people turned up in London for the funeral today? Going on what I've just seen on the news and what I've heard on the radio I reckon around 35 million.

I don't think 35 million people turned out in london, I think that figure is a bit over estimatated. I think the whole populatiion of London is only about 8.2 million

Before all you tin pot Tories start slagging the miners try a few shifts underground, you'd not last a bloody minute.

or maybe they just failed to adapt to change, someone moved their cheese and they refused to search for new cheese.

Who Moved My Cheese? is the story of four characters living in a "Maze" who face unexpected change when they discover their "Cheese" has disappeared.

This timeless allegory reveals profound truths to individuals and organizations dealing with change. We each live in a "Maze", a metaphor for the companies or organizations we work with, the communities we live in, the families we love places where we look for the things we want in life, "Cheese". It may be an enjoyable career, loving relationships, wealth, or spiritual peace of mind. With time and experience, one character eventually succeeds and even prospers from the change in his "Maze". In an effort to share what he has learned along the way, he records his personal discoveries on the maze walls, the "Handwriting on the Wall". Likewise, when we begin to see the "writing on the wall", we discover the simplicity and necessity of adapting to change.

Maybe they should have read this book.

The scenes in Goldthorpe today where disgusting and distasteful.

Oh well the residents of Goldthorpe will wake up tomorrow and will carry on living their sad pathetic lives and no doubt will go on harking back to events that happened 30 years ago.

or maybe they just failed to adapt to change, someone moved their cheese and they refused to search for new cheese.

Who Moved My Cheese? is the story of four characters living in a "Maze" who face unexpected change when they discover their "Cheese" has disappeared.

This timeless allegory reveals profound truths to individuals and organizations dealing with change. We each live in a "Maze", a metaphor for the companies or organizations we work with, the communities we live in, the families we love places where we look for the things we want in life, "Cheese". It may be an enjoyable career, loving relationships, wealth, or spiritual peace of mind. With time and experience, one character eventually succeeds and even prospers from the change in his "Maze". In an effort to share what he has learned along the way, he records his personal discoveries on the maze walls, the "Handwriting on the Wall". Likewise, when we begin to see the "writing on the wall", we discover the simplicity and necessity of adapting to change.

Maybe they should have read this book.

Loads of miners retrained and did new jobs, sod all to do with cheese, when it all boils down to it your a bit of a pretentious pill box aren't you.

I don't think 35 million people turned out in london, I think that figure is a bit over estimatated. I think the whole populatiion of London is only about 8.2 million

I pleased you've told me that Ryan because a lot of SF Tories do the same thing you do when you post.

---------- Post added 17-04-2013 at 19:24 ----------

Are you kidding?

No I am not kidding, why?

Loads of miners retrained and did new jobs, sod all to do with cheese, when it all boils down to it your a bit of a pretentious pill box aren't you.

When it boils down to it you just can't handle the truth, people find it easier to blame others for their failure.

The scenes in Goldthorpe today where disgusting and distasteful.

Oh well the residents of Goldthorpe will wake up tomorrow and will carry on living their sad pathetic lives and no doubt will go on harking back to events that happened 30 years ago.

Thatcher never moved on from losing her job in 1990 till the day she died.

Members of the community in question have behaved in a shameful way and those who didn't join in don't seem to have bothered to arrange any kind of objection to the communal behavior. Nobody would have mentioned Goldthorpe if they hadn't pulled this distasteful stunt. The community are being judged on their actions, surely that's correct.

How do you know? It's a bit silly to state the whole community is to blame.

---------- Post added 17-04-2013 at 19:39 ----------

i pay a lot in tax and see these lazy criminals when i fixing there boilers. i went to a house in barnsley yesterday and the tennant had a tag around his leg and drinking at 10 am. his wife was talking on her phone about drugs and a pick up. they had a large tv and i have to go into these peoples homes and get abuse.

In this land of opportunity that Thatcher created it shouldn't be too hard to get another job should it?