Margaret Thatchers Funeral 17th April 2013

Lovely service today, a worthy tribute.

The protesters were a very small minority. There were a few placards and banners, the best one simply said Thank you Margaret Thatcher.

How do you know all these facts? Must have taken you some time to walk the entire route through the crowds (latest estimation 32 million) that were there, counting people and undertaking a poll on best placard.

The protesters were a very small minority. There were a few placards and banners, the best one simply said Thank you Margaret Thatcher.

Yes bet the BBC didn't zoom to the bottom, where it said for snuffing it :hihi:

When it boils down to it you just can't handle the truth, people find it easier to blame others for their failure.

Oh I've failed, worked for 40 years, got my own house lovely family & grandkids, somehow I don't call that failing. I'll bet you live at home with mummy & daddy, like I said your a ten bob millionaire.

Are you going to admit just how wrong you were? What party? Which councillors attended? What a a brave little warrior you are to hide behind your keyboard and fling out accusations. Council business carried on as normal and no councillors protested in the streets, did they?

How disappointing for you.

The so called party in barkers pool ! They may have well have been probably in spirit anyway seeing as how they didnt lower the union jack over the town hall !! Disgraceful ! If it had been their beloved terrorist Nelson Mandela that flag would have been at half mast the minute the news broke ! I am not hiding either would meet any of you lefty wasters any time !

Over the last 10 or so days of, you know, just doing what you you would do normally i've hered many poeple express their oppinions about Mrs T.

I can honestly say out of all my workmates/ neighbours / friends and family not 1 person had a good word to say about her and a good few were happy to see her dead.

Now i realise that this is in no way a scientific survey, but it leads me to 2 conclusions.

That either:

a) I live in some sort of uber left wing bubble that i wasn't aware of.

or

b)The average person on the street in this neck of the woods had absolutley no time for the woman at all.

I also reckon that if there was an election tomorrow more than half of these people wouldn't even vote.Make of that what you will.

Glad it passed without incident and that on the whole it was dignified.

Now we can get down to the real issue and that is debating how to fix the disastrous consequences of the Thatcherite political consensus.

Over the last 10 or so days of, you know, just doing what you you would do normally i've hered many poeple express their oppinions about Mrs T.

I can honestly say out of all my workmates/ neighbours / friends and family not 1 person had a good word to say about her and a good few were happy to see her dead.

Now i realise that this is in no way a scientific survey, but it leads me to 2 conclusions.

That either:

a) I live in some sort of uber left wing bubble that i wasn't aware of.

or

b)The average person on the street in this neck of the woods had absolutley no time for the woman at all.

I also reckon that if there was an election tomorrow more than half of these people wouldn't even vote.Make of that what you will.

Since she was voted into power 3 times, I would say you live in a left wing bubble.

The so called party in barkers pool ! They may have well have been probably in spirit anyway seeing as how they didnt lower the union jack over the town hall !! Disgraceful ! If it had been their beloved terrorist Nelson Mandela that flag would have been at half mast the minute the news broke ! I am not hiding either would meet any of you lefty wasters any time !

Just out of interest it's only the Union Jack when raised at sea, on land it's the Union Flag. Strange that you use a term for Mandela that Thatcher herself used to describe him.

Strange how he is one of the MOST respected individuals in the world, despite all your pontificating.