Coronavirus - Part Two.

The chances of long-term complications are extremely unlikely because of how vaccines work.

Most of the vaccine's job is done in the first few days. Then the vaccine is gone from your body. So what’s left is that immune response to the vaccine.  mRNA doesn't poison you. It doesn't change you into a frog/handsome prince/princess .

Some scientists have expressed concerns about the new technology behind Pfizer’s and Moderna’s vaccines- which use mRNA , the first vaccines to use such technology.

Actually, mRNA vaccines have the potential to be very safer. Most existing vaccines use inactivated or dead virus, but the new method avoids that.

The link gives the "SP" on who can get vaccinated and who cannot and why.

https://www.itv.com/news/2020-12-03/covid-can-pregnant-and-immunocompromised-people-get-the-pfizer-vaccine-who-cant-get-the-jab-and-why

Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust.(Will be a Centre for vaccination).

Edited by nikki-red

Here's a question I've not seen answered & I can't find any information from the Internet?

When I had my flu jab back in September, it's an acknowledged fact that I wouldn't be fully inoculated until around 3 weeks later. 

If I have the Pfizer jab, a first dose, followed by a second dose 21 days later, by what heard / read, when am I considered inoculated to the point that I've got less chance of catching a serious dose of COVID-19? 

Would it be around 3 or so weeks after the second jab, therefore, meaning I'm still vulnerable for an overall period of approximately 6 weeks from the first jab? 

Anyone have any answers / explanation? 

1 hour ago, Baron99 said:

Here's a question I've not seen answered & I can't find any information from the Internet?

When I had my flu jab back in September, it's an acknowledged fact that I wouldn't be fully inoculated until around 3 weeks later. 

If I have the Pfizer jab, a first dose, followed by a second dose 21 days later, by what heard / read, when am I considered inoculated to the point that I've got less chance of catching a serious dose of COVID-19? 

Would it be around 3 or so weeks after the second jab, therefore, meaning I'm still vulnerable for an overall period of approximately 6 weeks from the first jab? 

Anyone have any answers / explanation? 

I think the second jab is supposed to be a booster (like you'd have for Hep B), but I haven't had chance to do much reading on it yet, after a 6 day stretch at work also trying to teach a student!

3 hours ago, Baron99 said:

The procedure to pass the vaccine was rushed, so perhaps we dont know yet?

Just reading, the flu vaccine is effective after 2 weeks

Edited by El Cid

4 hours ago, redruby said:

The government won’t force anyone to have a vaccine but there will be pressures from others to have it. For example employers. 

And airlines-

https://fortune.com/2020/12/04/covid-19-vaccine-mandatory-required-airlines-to-fly/

the NHS has a solid track record of putting pressure on it's frontline staff to have the flu vaccine, so I wouldn't be surprised if they do the same with the covid vaccination.

perhaps most troubling of all is that even at this early stage, according to one poll, over a third of the public [37%] are in favour of it being made legally compulsory for all people in Britain to be vaccinated against COVID-19!  :(

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/health/survey-results/daily/2020/12/02/8d518/3?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=daily_questions&utm_campaign=question_3

3 hours ago, petemcewan said:

The chances of long-term complications are extremely unlikely because of how vaccines work.

To be clear, from what I can see no one on this thread is claiming that long term complications are likely, it's just important to be aware, I feel, that the safety tests that have been done cannot exclude long term complications in the way that previous vaccine safety testing has, because, by definition, that can only be done with tests that actually take place over a long term.

1 hour ago, El Cid said:

These are the side effects from the vaccine

• Soreness, redness, and/or swelling where the shot was given
  • Headache (low grade)
  • Fever
  • Muscle aches
  • Nausea
  • Fatigue

Nothing new, I get the above mentioned  most days anyway.   For example, Headaches  caused by Bills, Soreness and swelling in the arm after my Grandson perfects his dead arm routine, a  Fever comes over me everytime the mother in law visits ( good excuse to slope off and get on the Forum),  muscle aches and fatigue after every working day,  nausea, just thinking about going to work every day. :roll:

Edited by PRESLEY

45 minutes ago, onewheeldave said:

And airlines-

https://fortune.com/2020/12/04/covid-19-vaccine-mandatory-required-airlines-to-fly/

the NHS has a solid track record of putting pressure on it's frontline staff to have the flu vaccine, so I wouldn't be surprised if they do the same with the covid vaccination.

perhaps most troubling of all is that even at this early stage, according to one poll, over a third of the public [37%] are in favour of it being made legally compulsory for all people in Britain to be vaccinated against COVID-19!  :(

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/health/survey-results/daily/2020/12/02/8d518/3?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=daily_questions&utm_campaign=question_3

To be clear, from what I can see no one on this thread is claiming that long term complications are likely, it's just important to be aware, I feel, that the safety tests that have been done cannot exclude long term complications in the way that previous vaccine safety testing has, because, by definition, that can only be done with tests that actually take place over a long term.

This is correct. And two of the three use technology never tried before - hence whether there has been debate about whether we should vaccinate healthy young people at all.For sure the third is a good bet though, given it uses tried and tested tech (and is far cheaper to boot!)