The Consequences of Brexit [part 5] Read 1st post before posting

1 minute ago, woodview said:

Poster was quoting me in first part, for commenting on our ex chancellors new £650k 1 day a week job. I've never posred about reducing the well off, so, if your comment us about me, it's wrong.

I never mentioned you unless Carboot is another account of yours 😀

Edited by truman

1 minute ago, Car Boot said:

On balance I reckon those on low incomes will be better off after the initial adjustment.

"initial adjustment", is that 10, 20, 30 years?

That global boom that's propped everything up has peaked and is expected to be spent by 2020, so it ain't gunna be 5 :rolleyes:

5 minutes ago, L00b said:

According to the Guardian, May's short 186 MPs to get the WA through. I just can't see her getting that squared within the next 2 weeks. 

A second referendum is now also getting most unlikely, given the timescales. Officialdom noises reported at tonight's embassy event about Brexit put the referendum at mid-March 2019 if they started straight after the 11 Dec meaningful vote.

Kick the can down the road and then it isn't Mrs May's (or the beleaver camp's) fault!

22 minutes ago, woodview said:

The huge irony is your xenophobia. I know there is hate crime in the uk, perpetrated by a sick minded minority. That doesn't define a nation. Your way of thinking is exactly the methodology used by racists who tar all muslims because of the actions of a tiny minority of extremists.

The fact similar extremists have said hurtful things to you, doesn't make it right for you to deride a nation.

I'm not thin skinned or outraged, I just feel justified in calling out anyone who sees thinks it's ok to insult a whole country based on the actions of a minority.

And reciprocally, particularly when the 'tiny minority of extremists' happens to include your Prime Minister, your Foreign Secretary, other Cabinet Ministers, the leader of your opposition, around half your MPs...

10 minutes ago, Litotes said:

Kick the can down the road and then it isn't Mrs May's (or the beleaver camp's) fault!

You're running out of road fast these days :( 

Edited by L00b

10 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

I have seen no evidence that the affluence of the workers in the EU's member states is increased by virtue of that membership. 

I have seen evidence that the affluent middle-classes and the rich are increasingly better off due to their nation's EU membership.

So what evidence have you seen that the affluence of the workers is better outside the EU? Links please?

You do realise you're benefits wont rise out of the EU right? nailed on they will fall. What you gonna do then when you finally realise you have been shafted? start staving peoples windows in? 

10 minutes ago, Dardandec said:

So what evidence have you seen that the affluence of the workers is better outside the EU? Links please?

You do realise you're benefits wont rise out of the EU right? nailed on they will fall. What you gonna do then when you finally realise you have been shafted? start staving peoples windows in? 

It's a shame that you cannot comprehend an economic system beyond the one you were raised under.

Brexit has the potential to bring about a bright, progressive new future. This is why the Remain Echo Chamber on here and elsewhere is increasingly frightened.

30 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

It's a shame that you cannot comprehend an economic system beyond the one you were raised under.

Brexit has the potential to bring about a bright, progressive new future. This is why the Remain Echo Chamber on here and elsewhere is increasingly frightened.

Are you looking  forward to eating rat excrement? I’ll be honest, I’m not.

1 hour ago, L00b said:

And reciprocally, particularly when the 'tiny minority of extremists' happens to include your Prime Minister, your Foreign Secretary, other Cabinet Ministers, the leader of your opposition, around half your MPs...

You're running out of road fast these days :( 

I rather think that you are overstating your case,and by doing so diminish your arguments.

Regrettably the world seems to be going through a phase of Nationalism protectionism and Populism (Trump being one of the prime examples),but we have seen from history where this leads.

Farage stirred up the whole racial stereotype business which appealed to the Sun readers,but it would be a major mistake for any mainstream politicians to pursue this line,

As previously stated ,as a nation our record in being fair minded stands comparison with most

7 hours ago, Car Boot said:

Brexit has the potential to bring about a bright, progressive new future.

No evidence so far that there's any possibility of that actually happening, quite the opposite.

This is why the Remain Echo Chamber on here and elsewhere is increasingly frightened.

.. and yet, *you're* the one posting hysterical, misleading rhetoric :hihi:

6 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

Are you looking  forward to eating rat excrement? I’ll be honest, I’m not.

Indeed, Trumps words haven't done the Brexit project any favours, a choice has to be made re: reglatory alignment. Everyone and his cat can see the USA's standards aren't the direction the UK should be going.

He's made a better case for remaining aligned with EU standards than May ever could.

Edited by Magilla

7 hours ago, RJRB said:

I rather think that you are overstating your case,and by doing so diminish your arguments.

Regrettably the world seems to be going through a phase of Nationalism protectionism and Populism (Trump being one of the prime examples),but we have seen from history where this leads.

Farage stirred up the whole racial stereotype business which appealed to the Sun readers,but it would be a major mistake for any mainstream politicians to pursue this line,

As previously stated ,as a nation our record in being fair minded stands comparison with most

Thank you for your constructive comments.

The issue with rising nationalism and populism, is that you cannot disrupt them with tolerance and reasoned debate: that soft approach eventually results exactly to “where this leads”, indeed as shown by history.

The evidence of it is in the verifiable fact that immigrant-demonising rethoric has been espoused by both the Tories and Labour since the referendum (that “major mistake” is ongoing) as they are pandering to perceived voter bias, and there is no evidence of any about-face. We’re not talking Facebook posts by fringes, we’re talking leading public figures in public speeches.

Your closing comment is fair, but it is approaching its sell-by-date through the words and actions of your political class and government, and the U.K. public has been letting them since before February 2016, and still. That is why I am ‘overstating’ the case.

Edited by L00b