The Consequences of Brexit [part 5] Read 1st post before posting

12 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

The EU enforcing austerity on a country with over five million people living in absolute poverty is wholly irrelevant? Ah, I see. We shouldn't judge the EU, just stay quiet and keep giving our money to the beast.

The EU isn't enforcing austerity in Italy, the populist joke that passes for the current Italian government is maintaining it through its ineptitude. 

Now, can you try and make a cogent argument for a change, instead of disingenuously misrepresenting my post with your strawman?

I'm asking once, in the clear, and nicely. Next one like that I'll just report.

Edited by L00b

2 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

I am.

Are you aware that 30.5 million people didn't?

Are you suggesting that around 48 million can vote in the UK ?

3 minutes ago, hobinfoot said:

Are you suggesting that around 48 million can vote in the UK ?

Probably more than that now but in the referendum year of 2016 it was 47.3 million.

1 hour ago, Car Boot said:

No. That's incorrect. We don't record the preference of those who didn't vote, for whatever reason. 

The correct reply was that 16,141,241 didn't vote to Leave. Any other number is a logical fallacy, so please don't misrepresent the facts in this way again.

No, that is perfectly correct.

Those that didn't vote, did not vote to leave.

Spin that!

3 hours ago, Car Boot said:

You are aware that 17.4 million people voted to Leave the EU?

498 MP's voted to trigger Article 50 in the Commons, only 114 opposed. A majority of 384.

At the 2017 General Election the two main parties that supported Leaving the EU won 87.5 per cent of the vote.

Meanwhile, the Liberal Democrats who oppose Brexit and want a second referendum are high in the polls...

Oh hang on.

And now there appears to be a majority who would want a second referendum as opposed to Dictator May's "Jump off a cliff" option.

So you'll back this majority then?

Or will you change your stance about democracy? (Again)

paragon of democracy Putin has declared that May must respect the will of the people.

Couldn’t make this up.

Brexiters are Putin’s poodles

2 minutes ago, Litotes said:

No, that is perfectly correct.

Those that didn't vote, did not vote to leave.

Spin that!

Which ever way the Brextremists spin it, after all the hype, fake news, electoral illegalities, financial irregularities,Russian involvement, lies on buses, and false promises the leave campaign could not convince more than 36.4% of the electorate to support them.

We don't need a second referendum just a government with the balls to say that there is no democratic mandate for this mess we find ourselves in and put an end to it.

1 hour ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Which ever way the Brextremists spin it, after all the hype, fake news, electoral illegalities, financial irregularities,Russian involvement, lies on buses, and false promises the leave campaign could not convince more than 36.4% of the electorate to support them.

We don't need a second referendum just a government with the balls to say that there is no democratic mandate for this mess we find ourselves in and put an end to it.

I've just been told that there's a petition on facebook for a no deal Brexit with a quarter million on it, not using facebook is it true?

18 minutes ago, lottiecass said:

I've just been told that there's a petition on facebook for a no deal Brexit with a quarter million on it, not using facebook is it true?

Has  Putin signed it?

26 minutes ago, lottiecass said:

I've no idea but I doubt another meaningless facebook petition is going to change anything one way or the other.

1 minute ago, Top Cats Hat said:

I've no idea but I doubt another meaningless facebook petition is going to change anything one way or the other.

You mean like your opinions?

12 minutes ago, lottiecass said:

Could have RJRB, he loves Brexit. That is if it exists.

I believe that Brexit does exist in many forms, but I cannot explain further as we still await a definition other than it means Brexit.

Sorry I cannot be more helpful.