The Consequences of Brexit [part 5] Read 1st post before posting

28 minutes ago, Padders said:

Richard Branson claims today, leaving the EU will bankrupt this country.

28 minutes ago, Padders said:

He's part of Project Hysteria.   We are a big enough country to continue to proper if we do leave the EU properly.

33 minutes ago, Padders said:

I thought he'd left the uk some years ago, and now just wheels himself out as symbollock Patriotic Numptity, whenever there's a big event he can cash in on.

14 hours ago, apelike said:

I did and that is why I voted, unlike some who were given the opportunity but just couldn't be bothered to vote. Should I have abstained and kept a clear conscience knowing that I didn't vote on any outcome when I could have? Where is the cry of responsibility of those that didn't vote, or the responsibility of politicians for causing this mess. As usual people just moan at those that voted differently to them because they dont like it, and because the dont like it and then follow that up with slurs about being badly educated, old, xenophobic or racist. The last sentence is not a dig at you BTW.

I’m not taking it as a dig, particularly since I could not vote, so I can’t be accused of not liking the majority voting differently.

Those who don’t vote, carry their own share of collective responsibility: not choosing (not voting at all) is its own choice, it is a default approval of, and assent to, the majority vote outcome.

I distinguish that from an expressed no-choice (a spoiled vote), which is (IMHO) the most logical expression of a protest at the ballot box.

And which certainly should have been, in the context of the 2016 referendum, wherein the issues against which Leave voters were protesting, were U.K. government-made and not EU-made.

46 minutes ago, steve68 said:

I thought he'd left the uk some years ago, and now just wheels himself out as symbollock Patriotic Numptity, whenever there's a big event he can cash in on.

Who’s that? Branson? I though you meant Dyson :D 

57 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

He's part of Project Hysteria.   We are a big enough country to continue to proper if we do leave the EU properly.

Do you have a link to any report that shows the Uk will be better off economucally when we have left the EU?

11 minutes ago, truman said:

Do you have a link to any report that shows the Uk will be better off economucally when we have left the EU?

Probably not better off immediately, but at least we would be free of the German Boot and the corrupt institution that is the EU on our necks.

Angel1.

10 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Probably not better off immediately, but at least we would be free of the German Boot and the corrupt institution that is the EU on our necks.

Angel1.

If you reckon we can't cope with one country in the EU then how will we manage when we're on our own in the big wide world?

6 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

QED

'EU is a failing economic model' UK will thrive outside the EU with NO DEAL Brexit

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1007144/brexit-news-uk-eu-no-deal-brexit-jacob-rees-mogg-latest

Surprise,,Rees-Mogg thinks we'll be better off.. I think he means HE'LL be better off.. and in the Express...who'd ha' thunk it?

Edited by truman