Israel / Iran

Just now, cressida said:

No embassy should be attacked imo.

It’s against the law to but I find it hypocritical that Israel can just go and bomb an embassy and then when they face retaliation the west is in uproar.

Where was the condemnation  when Israel did it?

Irans symbolic retaliation where they gave prior warning was a show to let em know hey are capable of firing back. In a serious war iran could launch hundreds of missives that’s why the US doesn’t want an escalation.

Iran has said as far as they are concerned that is the end of the matter so who are the real warmongers?

Israel the constant victim players are bleating about a response when it was them who started it. If Israel attacks iran again then iran should launch thousands of missiles without prior warning  because the double standards by the west are becoming a joke..

9 minutes ago, mafya said:

So it’s ok for Israel go bomb an embassy but then that country can’t respond? Jeep the double standards coming!! The west has zero credibility anymore and Israel knows iran is not an easy target like iran. 

Why does the UK no longer have an embassy in Syria?

2 minutes ago, mafya said:

It’s against the law to but I find it hypocritical that Israel can just go and bomb an embassy and then when they face retaliation the west is in uproar.

Where was the condemnation  when Israel did it?

Irans symbolic retaliation where they gave prior warning was a show to let em know hey are capable of firing back. In a serious war iran could launch hundreds of missives that’s why the US doesn’t want an escalation.

Iran has said as far as they are concerned that is the end of the matter so who are the real warmongers?

Israel the constant victim players are bleating about a response when it was them who started it. If Israel attacks iran again then iran should launch thousands of missiles without prior warning  because the double standards by the west are becoming a joke..

There does seem to be a lot of double standards over all this trouble . 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Beechwood_S6 said:

Nick Offerman Shade GIF

7 minutes ago, Beechwood_S6 said:

Nick Offerman Shade GIF

I’m a realist, you can’t go round attacking countries Willy nilly and not expect a retaliation so I think your sound like a fool meme belongs back to you.

It is against international law to attack any countries embassy and that country then has a lawful right to retaliate. What part of that do some people find hard to understand or is it just Israel and the US that gave the fight to retaliate?

49 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

What is it about these repressive, backwards and despotic states/countries that the left seem to take sides with?  Is it in the " How to be a leftie" handbook that ensures you take sides with these places regardless of the situation?

Can I ask, how many of the left on here who are straining to be on the side of these backwards places have actually visited them?  How many times have you taken your family, wife or daughters to these delights?

I am genuinely interested.

Or do you prefer to spend your vacation in a safe, free speech, democratic place where your wife or daughter can wear what they want and will not be treat as a second class citizen, or be free of being stoned or chucked off a building for being gay?

I think we all know the answer don't we.

One last question....

Hypothetically....if tomorrow you had to vote on who will from now rule the world and you have to obey and do what they say....who would you prefer to be in control?

A, Iran, Yemen and Syria 

B, Israel, America and Britain.

Again, we know deep down who the vote would be for.

So what is it that makes the left side with these places as it's absolutely bizarre?

.....and what is it that so many of their inhabitants want to flee their countries?

33 minutes ago, Padders said:

Mafya talks a lot of sense Hackey....

Indeed so, for much of the time anyway, though sometimes misrepresented by others.

The following tale is now being denied by US, UK, & Israel, but that is understandable for diplomatic reasons, as it could hardly be seen that the US condoned Iran's response.
Bear in mind that the majority of the Iranian weaponry were drones, that fly at less than 200mph, with a long way to go, so plenty of time to respond, and easy to intercept, by a whole coalition of countries who seem to have known in advance. Others were slow(ish) cruise missiles, and other older technology.

Iran informed Turkey in advance of its operation against Israel - Turkish source  Jerusalem Post
Iran informed Turkey in advance of its planned operation against Israel, conveyed through diplomatic channels, aiming to limit escalation in the Middle East.

The Turkish source, speaking on condition of anonymity, said Turkish Foreign Minister Hakan Fidan had spoken to both his US and Iranian counterparts in the past week to discuss the planned Iranian operation, adding Ankara had been made aware of possible developments.

The following discussion, taken from Twitter, does seem reasonable in its explanation, but further clarified here in another post, shown here via Threadreader
I'm not convinced by his very final conclusion(s) though most of the rest does make sense.

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1779759080103666156.html