The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Message added by Vaati

This is the final warning we are going to give about bickering, name calling etc. If a post breaks the forum rules, report it. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

56 minutes ago, banjodeano said:

Moral Pygmy..??

Are you serious? the man has fought for the poor and underprivileged all his life, he has always been against racism and fought for equality all his life, he made a stand against apartheid when everyone turned a blind eye to it, 

and you say he is a moral Pygmy ..

Yup.  Moral pygmy.  He never owns his mistakes.  He's a coward and, given his reluctance to follow his own member's line on Brexit, he can no longer be called a democrat either.

He could easily have laughed this off and said 'my bad'.  Instead he continues to lie and deny it, when millions plainly saw what he said.

The Corbyn cult is becoming eerily similar to the Trump cult, with his defenders desperate to deny reality and truth to defend him at all costs.   

5 minutes ago, jaffa1 said:

Stop changing the subject, what has that to do with what Corbyn said , woman or people.

We’re  only allowed to talk about subjects in scale of importance. Because there is something more significant that could be talked about, any attempts to talk about a more frivolous subject will be shut down. 

I suggest we all just talk about climate change and when that is sorted we can talk about the crisis in Yemen? 

21 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Yes, you still have it wrong. Nobody identified as a Labour member.

People who voted in the referendum were asked if they voted Leave or Remain. Then they were asked a series of supplementary questions such as sex, age, employment status, or education etc. to gain statistical information on who made up each 'camp'. One of the questions asked was 'What party did you vote for in the last election (2015 at the time) 

That is where the 65% figure came from. 

Can you point out where I insinuate that the poll represents all Labour voters?

23 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

What part of 65% of Labour voters were Remain supporters don't you understand?

There. Where did you pull that statement from? or have i completely got the wrong point of your post ? 

1 hour ago, tinfoilhat said:

That could have worked but given the Tories can't agree with each other (and Labour have similar albeit less deep divisiins) I think it would have just been more people round a bigger table shouting at each other!

I think what would have happened is everybody would have their say and then May would ignore it all and do what she had planned to do all along.

But it was absurd that she didn't have full cross party input on Brexit.

According to this site:

70% of Labour Constituencies Voted to Leave the EU

https://labourheartlands.com/labour-constituencies-voted-to-leave-the-eu/

A more balanced site:

Bar chart showing the numbers of seats held by British parties that voted Leave or Remain

https://fullfact.org/europe/did-majority-conservative-and-labour-constituencies-vote-leave-eu-referendum/

No matter how you try and dress it up, more Labour areas voted LEAVE than REMAIN - which goes at odds with their respective MPs.

Edited by alchresearch

25 minutes ago, alchresearch said:

No matter how you try and dress it up, more Labour areas voted LEAVE than REMAIN - which goes at odds with their respective MPs.

The problem with the vague term 'areas' is that Labour areas are made up voters of all political persuasions.

As the vote was so close in many areas, a Labour constituency can return a Leave result even if the majority of Labour supporters vote remain and vice versa.

It is much more useful to actually ask individuals how they voted by means of a poll than trying to extrapolate how people may have voted based on their constituency result.

10 hours ago, melthebell said:

He's a politician, it's part of the job, they all lie

They probably do 'all lie' but in this case I don't think he did, despite what some of the lip-readers say. 

Anyway, I'm really not bothered about what he said now, because in view of far more important things the politicians should be dealing with, all this fuss in the media about what he said is really a non issue. 

2 minutes ago, janie48 said:

They probably do 'all lie' but in this case I don't think he did, despite what some of the lip-readers say. 

Anyway, I'm really not bothered about what he said now, because in view of far more important things the politicians should be dealing with, all this fuss in the media about what he said is really a non issue. 

Well said, I couldn't agree more.

Instead let's talk about the 600 homeless rough sleepers who died last year thanks to Tory Austerity measures.