The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Vaati

This is the final warning we are going to give about bickering, name calling etc. If a post breaks the forum rules, report it. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

Message added by Vaati

Sigh...

Post #7702 I asked.... What have the membership numebrs got to do with anything. -  I got no answer.... still have no answer.

Post #7704 - which last time I checked came after 7702 I first mentioned Entryism. THEN you asked about it.

So stop weaselling about. What about the membership numbers?

7 minutes ago, Obelix said:

Sigh...

Post #7702 I asked.... What have the membership numebrs got to do with anything. -  I got no answer.... still have no answer.

Post #7704 - which last time I checked came after 7702 I first mentioned Entryism. THEN you asked about it.

So stop weaselling about. What about the membership numbers?

i thought it was pretty obvious what the implication was, the numbers of Momentum are a fraction of the labour party membership 

The momentum membership totals about 30,000 as opposed to the labour party membership of around 500,000, so the implication was that it wouldnt have much of an influence on any party vote...

so back to my original question, 

how can you claim  it as entryism when it is just democracy?

I'm sorry but really if you are not going to explain it I'll not bother debating with you - you simply are not worth the effort. I'll do what I do with Anna and just point out all your mistakes for others.

If you want to change that, you know what you have to do.

2 minutes ago, Obelix said:

I'm sorry but really if you are not going to explain it I'll not bother debating with you - you simply are not worth the effort. I'll do what I do with Anna and just point out all your mistakes for others.

If you want to change that, you know what you have to do.

As i thought so, i knew i was wasting my time with you, but i thought i would give you the benefit of the doubt

be gone with you and play your games with other people willing to do so, i dont have time for your silliness Obelix, 

You dont get to tell me what to do.

That's called freedom of speech and democracy. :)

Just now, Obelix said:

You dont get to tell me what to do.

That's called freedom of speech and democracy. :)

i just did, go and bore someone with your drivel

What you have to remember is that Banjo always has to have the last word...

3 hours ago, Anna B said:

So the rest of your post, cess pits, wallowing in murky filth etc isn't just a teeny bit biased...🙂

No - I'm not a member of the Labour party so I cannot really take any side in their internal squabbling can I.

I just get to sit outside and laugh and despair equally at all of them....

The childish bickering ends here. If you cant post in a civil manner then please dont post at all.

4 minutes ago, nikki-red said:

The childish bickering ends here. If you cant post in a civil manner then please dont post at all.

well said Nikki...😁

8 hours ago, banjodeano said:

go away and google the labour party membership numbers, then google momentum membership numbers, sit down with a cup of tea, perhaps a hobnob as well, then have a think about it and then come back

Tea and hobnobs consumed, 

How Momentum could move Corbyn towards Brexit referendum.

The FT's chief political correspondent Jim Pickard talks to Labour's grassroots pressure group Momentum and pro- and anti-Brexit MPs about a petition for a second referendum which could move leader Jeremy Corbyn towards a softer Brexit policy.

Growing Momentum pressure on Corbyn to turn on Brexit

Shift within grassroots movement may persuade Labour to support referendum on deal.

Momentum are turning the thumbscrews on Saint Jeremy, softly, softly catchee monkey.

Angel1. 

8 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Tea and hobnobs consumed, 

How Momentum could move Corbyn towards Brexit referendum.

The FT's chief political correspondent Jim Pickard talks to Labour's grassroots pressure group Momentum and pro- and anti-Brexit MPs about a petition for a second referendum which could move leader Jeremy Corbyn towards a softer Brexit policy.

Growing Momentum pressure on Corbyn to turn on Brexit

Shift within grassroots movement may persuade Labour to support referendum on deal.

Momentum are turning the thumbscrews on Saint Jeremy, softly, softly catchee monkey.

Angel1. 

I dont think any influence is coming from momentum, i think the influence is coming from the Blairites, that i believe is where any pressure is coming from, Corbyn has shown weakness by telling them not to do one...i honestly cant get my head round all this "momentum is pulling the strings", you only have to look at the numbers, momentum has a membership of 30.000 whereas the labour party has a 500.0000 membership, i am not arguing with you for the sake of it, but i just cant see how they hold much power

10 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:Growing Momentum pressure on Corbyn to turn on Brexit

Corbyn will never oppose Brexit.

He was screwed the day that footage of him speaking in Ireland surfaced.