Are You Ready For Gas Prices To Double, Or Even Triple?

We spend about £350 from roughly October - April on logs,plus those from our own trees when we can. The log burner gets swept every year ( about £60 ,I think ).

The central heating is currently about £300 per month ( gas). However,the latest estimate is a rise to £700 per month! We do live in an old house with solid walls ,so no cavity wall insulation though it is double glazed. We will definitely be being careful this winter - the log burner,good as it is,doesn’t heat the water of course .

Guest makapaka
2 hours ago, HumbleNarrator said:

Right, so we're not entitled to complain about anything unless it reaches the seriousness threshold of the Sheffield blitz?

The utility companies will love you. 

Exactly - every bad situation enforced on you is just to be accepted because it was worse in a war that happens 80 years ago?

Don’t let em off.

10 hours ago, Waldo said:

Any alternatives for heating a home? Alternative fuels? Wood burning heaters?

I guess a lot of people just won’t have heat. Worrying times..

How about a wind turbine, has anyone tried that. A small one in a domestic setting. Triple glazing, is that much better than double. My room window is draughty anyway.