Are You Ready For Gas Prices To Double, Or Even Triple?

14 minutes ago, El Cid said:

Inflation is 9.4% or 11.8% depending on whether u use CPI or RPI.

My energy bill will be lower this winter because of my solar panels, which have been available free to many in low incomes for a decade.

Please tell me more about these free solar panels . I am interested in them 

8 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Please tell me more about these free solar panels . I am interested in them 

Someone at my work has solar panels, its saving them a fortune in electric but cost £27k to install!!!

My house faces the wrong way for them to be effective.

I think some are taking this situation far too lightly, you can guarantee some elderly folk will actually be terrified of putting the heating on in the winter and just won't, telling them to wear a coat etc won't help them, they'll die.

7 minutes ago, top4718 said:

Someone at my work has solar panels, its saving them a fortune in electric but cost £27k to install!!!

My house faces the wrong way for them to be effective.

Also Tops,

I read the other day, somewhere, that It's harder to sell your house with solar panels ?

Perhaps you could enlighten me.

1 minute ago, Padders said:

Also Tops,

I read the other day, somewhere, that It's harder to sell your house with solar panels ?

Perhaps you could enlighten me.

They're not great for roofs and if you have any roof issues once they are installed it can be a nightmare, depends on the age/condition of your roof at the time they're fitted on there.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, top4718 said:

They're not great for roofs and if you have any roof issues once they are installed it can be a nightmare, depends on the age/condition of your roof at the time they're fitted on there.

Tha knows,

When I go on holiday to Turkey, Greece etc,

All the hotels, apartments, and houses have a big tank on the roof which provides all the hot water from the sun.

Will this be the shape of things to come in this country due to climate change.. Just a thought.