Coronavirus - Part Two.

Public Health England estimated that the vaccination programme had directly averted over 82,100 hospitalisations up to 8 August this year. And taking account of reduced transmission due to vaccination as well as the protection of people who have been vaccinated, they estimated that vaccines prevented between 102,500 and 109,500 deaths up to 20 August this year.

Article from the Nuffield Trust

Sheffield’s Community Covid Bus will be situated in the Thorncliffe Leisure carpark Thursday November 18th as a one-stop place for all things Covid-related, including lateral flow tests for those without symptoms with results in 30 minutes.

The minibus can provide information and advice about Covid 19, lateral flow tests for those without symptoms, free boxes of home testing lateral flow device kits, vaccinations advice and support to book an appointment. Advice and support on self-isolation will also be available, including help to access financial support.

For those who need further support and advice, colleagues at the minibus can signpost residents to other organisations that can help such as voluntary and charity organisations. Staff on the bus speak a variety of languages and provide information in different languages or accessible formats.
Brought to High Green by High Green Development Trust and Sheffield City Council, in partnership with Thorncliffe Leisure Centre and Leisure United.

Are you over 65 and ONLY double jabbed? 

Soon you WILL be banned from public spaces. 

Let that sink in. When that happens, and it will it won't be left at the over 65s. 

Later down the line you'll need 4 jabs or you'll be banned from public places. 

Then 5.

But i guess some of you are OK with that yeah? 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2021/11/10/over-65s-could-banned-public-spaces-unless-have-covid-booster/

50 minutes ago, RJRB said:

Something else for the naysayers to pick apart..

“Germany ...pandemic of the unvaccinated “

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-59234443

Christian Drosten, the apparent author of the 100 000 further deaths quotation is a heavy hitter but I do find it hard to understand where the number comes from. Germany has almost as large a proportion of the population fully vaccinated as we have so unless their vaccinations are somehow skewed towards the less vulnerable that "100 000 further deaths" (in the short term) looks like hyperbole.

Not, of course, that one has to have 100 000 deaths to have a health emergency. The doubling time for daily case counts and deaths in Germany is around two weeks and will build on current daily numbers per capita are only a little below the UKs so it is understandable why the Germans are worried.

[I am getting my data from the Our World in Data.]

Edited by Carbuncle

18 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Let that sink in. When that happens, and it will it won't be left at the over 65s. 

Then 5.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2021/11/10/over-65s-could-banned-public-spaces-unless-have-covid-booster/

The pharmaceutical companies must be raking it in.... Every cloud has a silver lining for somebody...

47 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Then 5.

Paywalled - so not easy to verify exactly what has been said, but I note the very carefully have made sure the 'could' is visible.

31 minutes ago, butlers said:

Bit more on the over 65s stuff.

As they have the highest take up if vaccines it's somewhat moot 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/covid-pass-booster-jab-sajid-javid-b1954946.html%3famp

Another paywalled link.

Sorry bout that.

I get it in full .

Edited by butlers

Guest sibon
23 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Paywalled - so not easy to verify exactly what has been said, but I note the very carefully have made sure the 'could' is visible.

Another paywalled link.

Allow me:

"Sajid Javid has said he cannot rule out the possibility that over-65s who have not had a Covid booster jab could be barred from taking trains or entering restaurants at some point.

Mr Javid's comments came during a Sky News interview on Wednesday when he was asked to react to the introduction of such a policy in France.

The Health Secretary said the Government was not looking at the idea "yet" but declined to rule out that it would ever be adopted. A Downing Street source later said the policy was not being actively pursued but added that the uncertainty surrounding the pandemic meant few potential measures could be ruled out. "

So. Nothing to see here. Everyone calm down.

If anyone wants to know  how to get a Torygraph subscription for a pound a month, message me. Worth it for the crossword and for the swivel-eyed loons who inhabit the readers comment sections.

56 minutes ago, Anna B said:

The pharmaceutical companies must be raking it in.... Every cloud has a silver lining for somebody...

Yup they certainly are. They've had massive increased profits for their blood thinning and heart medications too since this cocktail has been rolled out. 

Next in the firing line will be the 5 to 11 year olds. 

Be prepared for lots of kids to die suddenly of "A short illness". 

5 minutes ago, sibon said:

Allow me:

"Sajid Javid has said he cannot rule out the possibility that over-65s who have not had a Covid booster jab could be barred from taking trains or entering restaurants at some point.

Mr Javid's comments came during a Sky News interview on Wednesday when he was asked to react to the introduction of such a policy in France.

The Health Secretary said the Government was not looking at the idea "yet" but declined to rule out that it would ever be adopted. A Downing Street source later said the policy was not being actively pursued but added that the uncertainty surrounding the pandemic meant few potential measures could be ruled out. "

So. Nothing to see here. Everyone calm down.

If anyone wants to know  how to get a Torygraph subscription for a pound a month, message me. Worth it for the crossword and for the swivel-eyed loons who inhabit the readers comment sections.

Thanks for that, @sibon- as you say, little, if anything to be seen here.