Coronavirus - Part Two.

Guest makapaka

I wish there was a bit more detail coming out about how long the vaccine remains effective (if anyone knows of any be interested to see it).

Obviously it gives confidence knowing you’re double vaccinated but how long does it last for?

7 minutes ago, makapaka said:

I wish there was a bit more detail coming out about how long the vaccine remains effective (if anyone knows of any be interested to see it).

Obviously it gives confidence knowing you’re double vaccinated but how long does it last for?

I cannot give a direct answer to your question about how long the vaccines remains effective. I suspect nobody has a clear cut understanding on this. What I can say is that the place to look for understanding is Israel where a large proportion of the population got vaccinated very early. They have put a greater number of doses in arms than us but they now have higher daily case counts and deaths per capita than us and these numbers have been rocketing up over the past weeks.

They seem to have concluded this is down, at least in part, to waning immunity and consequently are now giving a third dose to their over sixties.

They have been using the Pfizer vaccine with a gap between first and second doses of around four weeks. You can check out the data at https://ourworldindata.org/explorers/coronavirus-data-explorer?yScale=log&zoomToSelection=true&time=2020-03-01..latest&facet=none&pickerSort=asc&pickerMetric=location&Metric=Confirmed+cases&Interval=7-day+rolling+average&Relative+to+Population=true&Align+outbreaks=false&country=USA~GBR~European+Union~ISR

48 minutes ago, makapaka said:

Israel who are arguably the world leaders in covid vaccination have said less than six months, Pfizer once claimed two jabs would give total immunity.

Not fully substantiated yet but the family of irish footballer Roy Butler (23) are claiming he sadly died three days after a covid jab from a bleed on the brain, the press are reporting that he died after a "short illness", he only had the jab as he was planning a trip to Dubai, his Aunt and another female relative have posted the story. One to keep an eye on.

1 hour ago, top4718 said:

Israel who are arguably the world leaders in covid vaccination have said less than six months, Pfizer once claimed two jabs would give total immunity.

Israeli Government funded scientists publishing in mainstream scientific journals, picked up by mainstream media.

You are getting desperate.

Other recent headlines from "...arguably the world leaders in covid vaccination".

"Pfizer BioNTech vaccine reduced cases by 94% in Israel, shows peer reviewed study".

"Covid vaccine could be rolled out to children by autumn."

"Two doses of Pfizer vaccine are “highly effective” against infection, hospital admission, and death, study finds".

"Israel sees new infections plummet following vaccinations".

"More young children are being infected in Israel and Italy, emerging data suggest".

18 hours ago, melthebell said:

it might...but then it might not, the above is a very very very simplistic view of things, most conspiracy theories that get debunked easily are very simple ideas in which you look deeper into are easily debunked.

Nobody still really knows how it started, my opinion is STILL the wet markets

I'm not saying it wasn't the wet markets, all I'm saying is to consider all possibilities.

However germ warfare and chemical weapons along with cyber warfare are a fact of life even if we don't like to talk about them much.

There is a lot going on in our name that we don't know about - 'a known unknown' to quote Donald Rumsfeld.

Edited by Anna B

6 minutes ago, Anna B said:

I'm not saying it wasn't the wet markets, all I'm saying is to consider all possibilities.

“Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out.”

On the other hand, Sauron is said to have performed some odd experiments with orcs and goblins so SARS-CoV-2 could be down to him.

There was another report out from PHE yesterday which was very similar to the Danish study mentioned a couple of pages back.

High resistance to infection  remains and symptoms far milder ,smaller viral loads and that load declines faster than via infection.

Edited by butlers
Swapped ONS for PHE