Gigs

Whats the best gig you've ever been to?

What band do you wish you'd seen live but now cannot?

Which still functioning band have you not seen live but would like to?

Whats your favourite gig venue?

Whats the next gig you are due to attend?

55 minutes ago, Top4719 said:

Pink Floyd, Sheffield City Hall, March 1972. a couple of days before my 17th birthday.

Quadraphonic sound (well speakers strapped to the front of the circle) - first set was DSOTM in its entirety (more or less) - second half was favourites such as "Echoes",  "Careful With That Axe Eugene", "One Of These Days I'm Going To Cut You Into A Millions Pieces" and "Saucerful Of Secrets"

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Longcol said:

Pink Floyd, Sheffield City Hall, March 1972. a couple of days before my 17th birthday.

Quadraphonic sound (well speakers strapped to the front of the circle) - first set was DSOTM in its entirety (more or less) - second half was favourites such as "Echoes",  "Careful With That Axe Eugene", "One Of These Days I'm Going To Cut You Into A Millions Pieces" and "Saucerful Of Secrets"

I would have loved to have seen them in this era.

3 minutes ago, Top4719 said:

I would have loved to have seen them in this era.

My favourite Floyd era was probably 70 - 73. Was actually disappointed in the DSOTM album when it was released nigh on a year after the tour. Seemed a bit plodding and over produced - still think the 4 live tracks on Ummagumma best represent the Floyd I loved.

Queen in 74,Bowie in late 80s we’re both my favourites but seen Weller twice in last 2 years and both definitely the best.

Id love to have seen talking heads but don’t think that’ll happen.

Do like the Octagon.

19 hours ago, Top4719 said:

The Groundhogs at Sheffield Poly. Their last song was Split part 4, amazing! I was still partly deaf the next day! 😁

I saw them again over the years, at the poly again but to a lessening audience but still as good, then at The Lescar back room, Just with TS Mcphee and his new band, They rocked it even then. TS Mcphee passed in June 2023. He lived the blues, hope he's still up to his stuff in a rock n roll afterlife. 🤘

• Like 1

One of my most memorable gigs was just a few weeks ago. I saw The Stranglers at the city hall as part of their 50th anniversary tour. They did a double set with a mixture of the old classics and more recent stuff.

Queen in 74, Pink Floyd around 80 ( The Wall ) and Roxy Music farewell concert in 2001 are other stand out gigs.

I would have liked to have seen Bowie in his Ziggy Stardust time and T.Rex but unfortunately missed out.

11 hours ago, charliewag said:

One of my most memorable gigs was just a few weeks ago. I saw The Stranglers at the city hall as part of their 50th anniversary tour. They did a double set with a mixture of the old classics and more recent stuff.

Queen in 74, Pink Floyd around 80 ( The Wall ) and Roxy Music farewell concert in 2001 are other stand out gigs.

I would have liked to have seen Bowie in his Ziggy Stardust time and T.Rex but unfortunately missed out.

Seeing The Stranglers without Cornwell has always put me off, I also Roxy on that tour and they were superb.

• Like 1

On 29/04/2024 at 22:23, Top4719 said:

Which still functioning band have you not seen live but would like to?

Whats your favourite gig venue?

Whats the next gig you are due to attend?

I have never seen Queen live but now cannot now that Freddy’s gone.

The singer who I would have loved to see now but cannot is Frank Sinatra.

3 hours ago, pattricia said:

I have never seen Queen live but now cannot now that Freddy’s gone.

The singer who I would have loved to see now but cannot is Frank Sinatra.

A friend of mine used to be a roadie, in those days they didn't have much to do  whilst the acts were on stage, to alleviate this they used to asked to climb up into the gantry and man the spotlight, moving it around manually to follow the star around the stage, he was asked to do this at a Frank Sinatra gig in Barcelona, which I believe were the last concerts he played before he died.