Detectives Urgently Investigating What Led To Man's Fatal Sword Rampage

Detectives are urgently investigating why a man armed with a sword went on a 22-minute rampage in east London, killing a 14-year-old boy and wounding four other people in an apparently random attack.

The teenager was fatally injured when the suspect swung at him with the weapon on Tuesday morning.

Police were first called to reports of a vehicle being driven into a house in the Thurlow Gardens area of Hainault just before 7am. The 36-year-old suspect was arrested around 22 minutes later.

Two police officers sustained “significant” but not life-threatening injuries, while injuries sustained by two members of the public are also not deemed to be life-threatening.

Your thoughts?

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2024/apr/30/detectives-urgently-investigating-what-led-to-mans-sword-rampage

3 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Detectives are urgently investigating why a man armed with a sword went on a 22-minute rampage in east London, killing a 14-year-old boy and wounding four other people in an apparently random attack.

The teenager was fatally injured when the suspect swung at him with the weapon on Tuesday morning.

Police were first called to reports of a vehicle being driven into a house in the Thurlow Gardens area of Hainault just before 7am. The 36-year-old suspect was arrested around 22 minutes later.

Two police officers sustained “significant” but not life-threatening injuries, while injuries sustained by two members of the public are also not deemed to be life-threatening.

Your thoughts?

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2024/apr/30/detectives-urgently-investigating-what-led-to-mans-sword-rampage

Terrible,  son says there should be more policemen on the beat,  but I can't agree that they can prevent random 

attacks.

4 minutes ago, cressida said:

Terrible,  son says there should be more policemen on the beat,  but I can't agree that they can prevent random 

attacks.

Yes random attacks will always continue sadly. 

There seems to be growing frustration that the man hasn't been named despite his picture being all over the media. Tbh though I'm not at all surprised his name hasn't been released. 

12 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Your thoughts?

Should have shot him straight away it's not normal to walk about with a machete or sword 😤

2 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

There seems to be growing frustration that the man hasn't been named despite his picture being all over the media. Tbh though I'm not at all surprised his name hasn't been released. 

Why is it not surprising? I'd have thought he wouldn't be named until charged but maybe I've got that wrong.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

I am not at all frustrated that he has not been named,He is in custody and will no doubt be named at the appropriate time .

Thats how it works.......isn’t it?

Just now, RJRB said:

I am not at all frustrated that he has not been named,He is in custody and will no doubt be named at the appropriate time .

Thats how it works.......isn’t it?

My bold 

Never said you were. 👍

Not at all.

I will wait until the “growing frustration “reaches me first hand and then ask why anyone should be frustrated at not knowing the name of a criminal who is in custody.

• Like 2