The Consequences of Brexit [part 5] Read 1st post before posting

We are forced to seek possible reasons or excuses why people voted leave,because no one on here has been able to give any believable positives for their original vote to exit the EU.

As time goes by such positives have become even more elusive.

Indeed, I haven't been given one good reason why it's such a good idea, let alone a plan on how it will be achieved.

We're on part 5!

First the people who voted leave were Racist and Xenophobic. Then it was because they were elderly and poorly educated. Then it was because of the Russian influence. Then it was Leave election spending. Now its because they are also Fascist. I'm sure others are still to come.. ;)
You might wish to reflect on the fact that the man behind the biggest-ever donation to a political campaign in the history of the UK, is facing a criminal investigation in relation to same. If nothing else.

I know the message might jar a bit in the Brexiteers’ echo chamber...but then, it’s not the Remainers who have been shouty-shouting about ‘democracy’, ‘sovereignty’ and the like. And the evidence so far, until the criminal investigation is concluded and published and unless that says different to the known evidence, is that ‘democracy’, ‘sovereignty’ and the like in the U.K. has a price. Leaver or Remainer shouldn’t matter.

I’ll certainly be interested to see how quickly Brexiteers brand Banks a “traitor”, if it is proven that his political donations were funded by Russia (for the avoidance of doubt, I’m not holding my breath: I expect the same double standards and deflecting as ever).

Edited by L00b

I’ll certainly be interested to see how quickly Brexiteers brand Banks a “traitor”, if it is proven that his political donations were funded by Russia (for the avoidance of doubt, I’m not holding my breath: I expect the same double standards and deflecting as ever).

They won't, that's the problem, there is no critical or logical thinking, no joining the dots. As long as it suits the years held farage fostered obsession built on lies and part truths

We are forced to seek possible reasons or excuses why people voted leave,because no one on here has been able to give any believable positives for their original vote to exit the EU.

As time goes by such positives have become even more elusive.

Many on here have given very credible and positive reasons for voting to Leave the neo liberal bankers and big business EU club time and time again over the last few years.

I would be very interested in the source of your 'facts' on this belief of yours. But I have to warn you that I will not consider 'inside your head' as a valid source.

Fortunately, the elderly population is still increasing in numbers unlike the younger population.

Can I just ask if you have seen a census return...?

What you mean is that the proportion of eldery voters is increasing relative to those who are younger.

both young and elderly populations are increasing at the moment...

Many on here have given very credible and positive reasons for voting to Leave the neo liberal bankers and big business EU club time and time again over the last few years.

I would be very interested in the source of your 'facts' on this belief of yours. But I have to warn you that I will not consider 'inside your head' as a valid source.

Let’s pursue this gently,point by point.

I’ll pass on neo liberal bankers because I don’t know what you mean.

You use the term “ big business” in a strangely pejorative way.

What provides regular employment ,services and goods .

What provides investment and a market for “small business” and individuals.

The irony that you are using one of the most sucessful media platorms in modern times devised from the EU science community, running on the backbone of a communications network from the largest telecoms companies in Europe using an access machine built by some of the largest consumer electronics companies on a network standard from other large EU companies means that the irony of that comment is both immense and entirely lost on you...

I think the reason why the elderly in the main voted to leave was because they don't want a European super state to evolve. When the UK joined in 1973 the EEC was mainly a trading block that's what they wanted it to be and that is what they voted for in the 1975 referendum.