The Consequences of Brexit [part 5] Read 1st post before posting

That is irrelevant if you are talking about voting trends.

But I didn't mention voting trends.

---------- Post added 31-07-2018 at 16:35 ----------

You said, post #1767 that "Fortunately, the elderly population is still increasing in numbers unlike the younger population. "

I refuted that.

You complained I was wrong

I proved that you in fact were wrong not me.

Er no. Despite the population increase which you have thrown into the mix the proportion of the younger population is in decline which that table clearly shows. It also show that the elderly population is on the increase.

Er no. Despite the population increase which you have thrown into the mix the proportion of the younger population is in decline which that table clearly shows. It also show that the elderly population is on the increase.

You said - and I'll tell you again since you appear to have forgotten this.

""Fortunately, the elderly population is still increasing in numbers unlike the younger population. ""

This is patently untrue. BOTH are increasing as the figures YOU picked show. I can only conclude that you are posting a deliberate strawman to save face and have no real interest in actually debating.

---------- Post added 31-07-2018 at 16:41 ----------

My apology.

I thought that this was a continuation of of the discussion as to why many elderly people voted to leave the EU.

Well yes but it seems like we've gone from that to remedial arithmetic.... :roll:

This is patently untrue. BOTH are increasing as the figures YOU picked show. I can only conclude that you are posting a deliberate strawman to save face and have no real interest in actually debating.

The figures in that link clearly show that although there has been a rise in population there has also been a decrease in the percentage of young to older population.

I am not debating with a person that wants to be pedantic for the sake of an argument and has to include the usual remoaner slurs. ;)

Looks like Dover District Council is starting to freak out...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-45021133

yup and as a Conservative he also states

He added: "The government has not done enough to prepare in the two years since the EU referendum."

no way, no plan? never? lol

another interesting bit

More than 10,000 freight vehicles pass through Dover on peak days as it handles one sixth of the UK's total trade in goods with a value of £119bn per year.

In 2015, queues of 4,600 lorries stretched back 30 miles and the daily cost to the UK economy was estimated at £250m.

£250m a day? there goes the NHS's £350m a week then Oo

A group I belong to have just conducted its own rerun of the referendum. We managed to get 150 people taking part. The question asked us how we voted first time and how we would vote now. In the first it was 80 remain and 70 leave in the second it was 82 remain and 65 leave 3 said they weren't sure. So there's a small moment back to remain. I know it's a small number but if it was replicated nationwide we'd end up roughly %50-50

Looks like Dover District Council is starting to freak out...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-45021133

And they voted in large numbers to leave didn't they - 62.2% percent did in fact. Which is ironically the same sort of percentage of increased journey time percentage (at least) they'll suffer as they try to get around Kent in the near future.