The Consequences of Brexit [part 5] Read 1st post before posting

And the solution belongs to the leavers.

And pretending that it isn't a problem or is being exaggerated by remainers, is completely ignoring the fact that the people of Ireland don't want a border across their country and they have the backing of every one of the 27 EU states involved in the negotiations.

This can not be wished away!

And pretending that it isn't a problem or is being exaggerated by remainers, is completely ignoring the fact that the people of Ireland don't want a border across their country and they have the backing of every one of the 27 EU states involved in the negotiations.

And the backing of plenty of people in Great Britain

no one in their right mind would like to see a hard border. On saying that no country would except a border that cuts part of it off from the rest.

no one in their right mind would like to see a hard border. On saying that no country would except a border that cuts part of it off from the rest.

Plenty of Brexiters have argued for a hard border.

The ones that don’t are deluded. Lockdoctor for example thinks technology can solve everything, and that migrants who have already travelled thousands of miles would be put off by a detour of a few hundred miles.

HMRC is now saying that if post Brexit border checks become impossible to carry out, they will have to let vehicles pass unchecked costing £millions in uncollected revenue.

Every day we hear more and more about how damaging and unworkable this nonsense is, yet people still insist that the government carries on.

Every day we hear more and more about how damaging and unworkable this nonsense is, yet people still insist that the government carries on.

Punishment mate, it's what the people voted for, let them have it. They were warned, sorry I mean project fear.

This is the same level of batcrap that Trump came up with for his inaugural speech crowds. I'm unable to debate with you because to be frank you simply cannot do or choose not to do basic arithmetic.

I do not need to do the arithmetic as the ONS has done that for me by producing: " Table 1: Age distribution of the UK population, 1976 to 2046" which clearly shows a trend and one you seem unwilling to acknowledge. As more people get to be in the 65+ age bracket the less there are in the lower age brackets of 0-15 and also 16-64. The only way the 0-15 age group can rise is if the birth rate increases, but it has steadily been in decline and in 2017 it hit a 10 year low.

I have asked before politely and will now ask again.. Is the ONS data in the table about the age distribution in 2016 wrong? Simple really!

HMRC is now saying that if post Brexit border checks become impossible to carry out, they will have to let vehicles pass unchecked costing £millions in uncollected revenue.

What does Jeremy say about all this ?