The Consequences of Brexit [part 5] Read 1st post before posting

The fact is that high earning Remainers simply have not paid anywhere near enough income tax under our membership of the EU.

Who sets national taxes again?

And what makes you think that those that do will change anything? :thumbsup::help:

Why do you think? it was because she thought her right to work here would be withdrawn, that is part of the the Brexit effect. I'll bet my last quid she wasn't the only one.

---------- Post added 20-08-2018 at 23:19 ----------

Wont happen mate, company's will just restructure and give existing staff more duties, you guys live in some sort of fantasy land. Sometimes I wonder if any of you have ever had any sort of hard graft job, you know, one where you actualy graft all day and not spend half of it on here or on you're phone. I really do wonder. You wouldn't last 3 hours in my job, trust me.

She thought . Well she didn't think enough then . It cant be such a hard graft job when you have a woman working along side you

The fact is that high earning Remainers simply have not paid anywhere near enough income tax under our membership of the EU.

The people at the bottom have suffered massively increased competition for jobs, housing, health care, education etc thanks to mass EU migration while the wealthy middle-class have directly benefitted by way of access to cheap labour, either through the 'Polish Plumber', Eastern European Au Pair or being served in their favourite restaurant by cheap EU labour waiters/waitresses.

Under Brexit this reliance on cheap EU labour for the wealthy has to end. The middle-class must pay their fair share and stop selfishly making life much harder for those at the bottom.

You, what?

You know the income tax banding goes up when you earn more right? So how are the high earners not paying enough if it is percentage based?

The poor will continue to suffer massively as you put it because of Brexit. So fundamentally, you just don’t care.

I used to work with a polish worker, fantasic at her job, left 3 weeks after the referendum

My vet is going back to Spain.

She has been here 30 years, built up a fantastic practice but needs to invest £200K in new equipment. The bank won't loan her the money for one simple reason. She cannot guarantee her employment status after next March.

You can shove your blue passports, this is the reality of Brexit. :suspect:

Does that include 25k plus earners on PAYE?

People earning 25k aren't even net tax payers. They cost more to the state than they pay in tax!

25k is about the national average income btw.

Low earners are also quite clearly not net contributors.

---------- Post added 21-08-2018 at 07:25 ----------

Same old remainers rhetoric :rolleyes: . One of the main reasons people voted leave was more control of our borders . That's not stopping everyone coming but letting people who are needed in . I know that dosent conform to your , all brexiters are right wing xenophobes/racists point of view.

Proven to be an unachievable dream though hasn't it, so we should stop this fiasco now and accept that freedom to work within europe benefits us, but not nearly as much as membership benefits us overall.

Due to the disgraceful way the EU has treated the UK since we voted to Leave only somebody who gains pleasure from feeling pain and humiliation would want to Remain in the EU anti-UK club.

No wonder so many Remain voters now believe that we should Leave.

Due to the disgraceful way the EU has treated the UK since we voted to Leave only somebody who gains pleasure from feeling pain and humiliation would want to Remain in the EU anti-UK club.

How has putting the interests of 450m EU citizens before the 60m UK ones disgraceful?

The EU set out their position on day one. The government are the ones who couldn’t do anything for 2 years.

She thought . Well she didn't think enough then . It cant be such a hard graft job when you have a woman working along side you

Why's that then?

Your algorithm:

10 "Post something propagandistic without evidence once a day"

20 "Wait for reply=result"

30 "If result can be argued with then argue"

40 "If result can't be argued with: Revert to 10"

Car Boot

Due to the disgraceful way the EU has treated the UK since we voted to Leave

eh?

The EU suggested we might like to start working on a deal like Norway's

we said no, too much alignment with the EU.

The EU suggested we might like to start working on a deal like Canada's

we said no, not enough alignment with the EU (particularly financial services)

we've closed all the doors they opened...

Edited by ads36

There is alot of posters have got the reasons why most people voted to leave like i did wrong, it was not to stop european migrants coming to the u.k, it was, the said migrants coming over here with absolutely no intentions of working but satisfied living off the state, i would confidently say that 99% of the leave voters have no objection to europeans come to the u.k to work, europeans fruit pickers have been coming over here long before the so called common market existed. get that sorted and i for one and i suspect many others would reverse there vote.

Where are all these mystery remainers?

Nobody has ever met them, they don't do interviews in the media and they don't appear in any polls.