The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

I'm pretty sure that if the 58 economic impact assessments the Government were so eager to keep secret had contained anything remotely like good news for the UK economy they'd have been leaked right, left and centre by Johnson, Fox et al and the Mail, Express, Telegraph and Murdoch press would have been full of headlines of our impending post Brexit economic miracle.

I'm pretty sure that if the 58 economic impact assessments the Government were so eager to keep secret had contained anything remotely like good news for the UK economy they'd have been leaked right, left and centre by Johnson, Fox et al and the Mail, Express, Telegraph and Murdoch press would have been full of headlines of our impending post Brexit economic miracle.

But England won the under 17s World Cup.

Can’t Brexit take the credit for that ?

Indeed. It's weird trying to say releasing the info would weaken our hand.. since that would only be the case if they predicted dire consequences for the UK.

No, you tell me- you asserted the (imaginary) effect of a future event.

Easy one that is already taking place - the NHS is short of nurses on a rather stressing scale. There are now more EU nurses leaving the profession than entering the country to fill vacancies.

It is nearly winter. I predict quite flawlessly that this winter we will have a lot of news about an over-stretched NHS.

I am also aware of a quantitative study taking place that seeks to measure the impact of an over-stretched service on the career choices of the existing population of staff-nurses and so far the study is pretty clear - every winter more nurses leave the profession than can be replaced.

Ergo - the NHS is going to break soon.

Indeed. It's weird trying to say releasing the info would weaken our hand.. since that would only be the case if they predicted dire consequences for the UK.

i'm fairly sure the eu commission and 27 governments know pretty much what's in these reports.

the data on which they will be based will be publicly available, the various policy options and consequences will be clear to any civil servant. the only people being kept in the dark are the general population and half of us pretty much already know and the other half believe in unicorns.

Where's he going to join you? Are you another one who's going to leave the country like some have been telling us for the last eighteen months?

I'm sure you'll be very happy together.

By the way I'm not in any job (shrug) I'm retired. I was one of the uneducated people who worked on the tools for fifty years, and when I wasn't working I wasn't getting paid apart from a short period working in the public sector so I wouldn't have had time to spend on forums bragging about how much I was paid.

I actually meant where I work. I have no desire to leave the UK at the moment as even with Brexit I still love living here.

Good for you being retired. Enjoy the state pension my generation won't have. Perhaps if you'd applied yourself more you wouldn't have had to have worked on the tools for 50 years as you seem to feel miffed about it.

I actually meant where I work. I have no desire to leave the UK at the moment as even with Brexit I still love living here.

Good for you being retired. Enjoy the state pension my generation won't have. Perhaps if you'd applied yourself more you wouldn't have had to have worked on the tools for 50 years as you seem to feel miffed about it.

Another one with the holier than thou attitude