Anyone come from Grimesthorpe?

hi fleetwood,positive there was 2 familys of hutchinson but different spellings,will try and find out.someone reading this may know.dont know about the war wasnt born until 1947 now everyone knows how old i am :hihi:.i think they called the twins jones.it was roy mitchell who set fire to the house i was in the chippie when it happened,poor ronnie billam was scared to death.can you remember mrs foster she lived opp mrs holgarth .sure her first name was phyllis she lived with her daughter,a scruffy old woman walked every where without shoes.its driving me barmy no one remembers her i know i havent dreamt her.:help:

HI SHEILA. Was it Phyllis Hann.?

Haha 15.3/4 - remember when we used to add the 1/4, 1/2 and 3/4 on to our age. Couldnt wait to be a year older.

Oh how things change, now we cling on to our age right up to the Birthday when we have to admit we are a year older :hihi::hihi:

You are right NETTIE WE cling on till the last minute before addmiting we are a year older. One day we are fine, but the next day you realise, you are a year older. Unless you tell lies. Which I'm sure you don't.:suspect:

HI Sheila, Need any help with the surnames? I've got one for Phyllis. I'm only here to help. Cheers DOMMI.

thanks dommi,know her name was phyllis foster but no one can remember her.dont know daughters name.im sure she used to feed all the cats:confused:can you remember anything else about her.

hi nettie i still do it now i refuse up to the day of my birthday to admit to another year so for another 7weeks and 5days im 57 no doubt my sis rf. will ave summat to say about that she dont like being older ha ha.

i will treat that with the contempt it deserves,obviously you will be 57 for the next 7wks and 5days if your birthdays not while october.stupid person xx

I bet someone has mentioned this before but can anyone please tell me the name of the theatre that was about 100 yards on the right hand side of Upwell St going from Reform Chapel towards Brightside? I think its now a shed called Upwell St Tyre & Auto centre and is next to the pub (The Ball?).

Someone on the Sheffield History site wants to know.

http://www.sheffieldhistory.co.uk/forums/

Thanks, John

I bet someone has mentioned this before but can anyone please tell me the name of the theatre that was about 100 yards on the right hand side of Upwell St going from Reform Chapel towards Brightside? I think its now a shed called Upwell St Tyre & Auto centre and is next to the pub (The Ball?).

Thanks, John

Was it the Regent?

Was it Eileen Dover ?

now ive got over my embarrassment i will let you know i found out eileens surname,its tuckwood.i shall seek you out at next reunion:lol:

Thanks, John

Hi Mr JohnPM It was called the 'Little Regent', it has been mentioned before further back on the thread.

hi rf2690 you have not dreamt it the woman you are on about with no shoes, was called mrs foster, her feet must have been made of leather, by the way i have signed in on my husbands name i wonder if you know who i am.

hi i came from grimesthorpe,i lived there from 1948 to 1974. we lived on crown hill,at number 19.my dad was George hearnshaw [nick name tag] i was the youngest Mary.if there's any one that remembers me or my family please let me know.i have brother Jim and sister Sylvia.

hi mary yes i know you very well , and also all your family, i used to live on botham street, we also used to work together, i have sighned on in my husbands name.

hi i came from grimesthorpe,i lived there from 1948 to 1974. we lived on crown hill,at number 19.my dad was George hearnshaw [nick name tag] i was the youngest Mary.if there's any one that remembers me or my family please let me know.i have brother Jim and sister Sylvia.