Anyone come from Grimesthorpe?

Dors

cat could you tell me how long the cassims had that chipshop far iv fargotton the name of the road i know the tomlinsons lived on one corner of another rd of it and the bottom of chambers lane faced it i know amide and malc amide was my mate we lost touch now it seems his son and my son in low are best mats thanks

I thought it must be you Kevin. Welcome to the Grimesthorpe thread.

Why "Bantambuddy", do you have a thing about motorbikes or is it chickens ?

Walt

Thanks for the welcome. I used to collect football shirts and when I first needed a nickname pulled out a shirt and used a name off that. Anybody know what team it's from

cat could you tell me how long the cassims had that chipshop far iv fargotton the name of the road i know the tomlinsons lived on one corner of another rd of it and the bottom of chambers lane faced it i know amide and malc amide was my mate we lost touch now it seems his son and my son in low are best mats thanks

Hi

All the best people lived on the famous road Birdwell Road Walt and me played football with Malcolm Cassim.

Ah! glad to know the old memory is still working :hihi: I remember Mrs Marsh well. She was a good friend of my mums.

And of course my sister in law is one of the Hanwells. I keep trying to get her to come on and tell some of her memories but she is such a quiet person she wont :hihi::hihi:

While we are at it who on earth told Les Beal he was Gods Gift :loopy:

Since when was our sister-in-law quiet??

Welcome to the Grimesthorpe thread Kevin. Hope you have lots of funny memories.

Thanks NETTIEJ. Iv'e got lots of very fond memories some funny and some tradjic, since I found this thread they have been coming back to me and I will recount some of them in due time. Really enjoyed reading all the comments about places and people

MAZDA5 Hello agian Ann can you remember Tommy Gould and his farther i think thy lived opposite you on Botham st my sister married Roger Spick and just to help you remember Tommy Gould aiways had a triby hat on i think the number was 48or50 bye

HI IVAN, you mentioned your sister married Roger Spick. Was her name Lynne? Did she have a son Ben and a daughter Sally? SEE YOU SOON DOMMI.

Walt

Thanks for the welcome. I used to collect football shirts and when I first needed a nickname pulled out a shirt and used a name off that. Anybody know what team it's from

Hi Kev, is it Bradford City? by the way, do you still have the blonde curls ?