Anyone come from Grimesthorpe?

Dors

mazd5 i bet you hubbys dad know mine he would sit in that box in the corner shouting order and he would sell bingo tickets you know the shop on the corner of hunsley st and that road up to botham st bib thy call the lad wwho lived there Divid Garvis he knock about with Alan West and John Hancock

mazda5 ann whos class was you in the first year at owler lane because im 61 in july was roy bows in you class take care

hi ivan i was 61 in april just gone

i can remember a mr james who was very tall and all the girls used to be ga ga about him he taught us maths i think it was in my last year at owler lane i was in the prefabsthe left hand one as you looked at them full on roy was a year above us he is 62 this year i saw him last saturday on bellhouse rd doing his shopping so we had a snog and i told him about the forum and he was hoping to get on his daughters puter

MAZDA5 Hello agian Ann can you remember Tommy Gould and his farther i think thy lived opposite you on Botham st my sister married Roger Spick and just to help you remember Tommy Gould aiways had a triby hat on i think the number was 48or50 bye

ivan i cant remeber tommy but i remember roger and his sister maureen please remember me to her i think my brother leslie knocked about with roger

mazd5 i bet you hubbys dad know mine he would sit in that box in the corner shouting order and he would sell bingo tickets you know the shop on the corner of hunsley st and that road up to botham st bib thy call the lad wwho lived there Divid Garvis he knock about with Alan West and John Hancock

i remember alan west but it was a christoper hancock i remember who lived next door to the who can tell on botham st also i remember linda handwell,eve macallen ,keith,ralph,ina mcallen as well all these names are coming to me now les beal,alan ,mary,and margaret hutchinson jean higgingbottom who lived on botham st i used to see her in the lane top club but when david died i never been in since danny hargreaves mac eason god i am on a roll now there also were 2 girls who lived next door to ethel who were called margaret and christine gloage i had better call it a night now bye

Skippy sorry about that i ment to say the flats on the righthand side of shirecliffe rd going up bye

There were no flats when I lived there Dazza, except for a few maisonettes at Busk Meadow, it was all decent houses & woodland.

I left Shirecliffe when I married Dors in 65 & moved to Grimey, then Petre St, and came out here in 70.

these names are coming to me now les beal,

WOW ! the grey matter is really flowing now Ann, Les [Gods gift to women] Beal, used to knock around with big Malcolm & Allan Huthinson, both of whom lived opposite you on Botham St, Les lived opposite us on Petre St for a while.

i remember alan west but it was a christoper hancock i remember who lived next door to the who can tell on botham st also i remember linda handwell,eve macallen ,keith,ralph,ina mcallen as well all these names are coming to me now les beal,alan ,mary,and margaret hutchinson jean higgingbottom who lived on botham st i used to see her in the lane top club but when david died i never been in since danny hargreaves mac eason god i am on a roll now there also were 2 girls who lived next door to ethel who were called margaret and christine gloage i had better call it a night now bye

I think I might be older than you MAZDA5 but three names jump out at me, you mention Handwell, did you mean Hanwell and if so would this have been a relative of Peter, Doug or Roy Hanwell. The Mcallan, again might this person have been related to Bernard Mcallan, who possibly moved to Canada. Lastly the Jean Higginbottom, did she have a connection to Derek Higginbottom. All these people that I have mentioned all lived on the lower portion of Botham St within a stones throw from one another many years ago.

Hi Darrel I think you mean Dave Garniss, he used to help out in Sutcliffe's shop.