Anyone come from Grimesthorpe?

Dors

higginbottoms lived on the bottom of botham st next yard up from dors.

Derek H married a woman called Shirley, who had a sister called Francis, I think their family lived around the Reform Chapel somewhere, Jean H married and moved to Oz in the late 60's.

I think Skippy got it wrong about Jean Higginbottom moving to Aus. It was her in laws who came over here.

Higginbottoms lived in the next yard up from us on Botham St. Her mum and mine were really good friends. I always called her mum and dad "aunty and uncle" and Jean was always "our Jean" to me.

Dors.

masda5 ann when i was in the first year at owler lane roy bows/eve mcallen and a few others i have mentioned was in the 2nd year but we was all in the same class and when i was in the 2nd year keith mcallan was in the 1st did keith join the army and the same happened with joe and david bows bye take care

i can,t remember much about school roy and eve were a class higher than me when i was in first they were in second and yes keith did join the army not seen him for years i saw eve about 6yrs ago she lives at woodhouse

The name Higginbottom comes up frequently when refering to neighbours in the lower part of Botham St near where the old 'Who Can Tell' was situated. All I am asking were these people related to the Derek Higginbottom that I knew? He did something practically unheard of in his 'National Service' days, he attained the rank of Sergeant in the Coldstream Guards (I think I've got the regiment correct) and as I said before this was no small acheivement for a 2yr conscript. I don't think I am embarrassing or making anybody uncomfortable in anyway by this little snip-it of information. Would the people mentioned be related to Derek (sons,daughters,neices,nephew,brother,sister) the like?

The name Higginbottom comes up frequently when refering to neighbours in the lower part of Botham St near where the old 'Who Can Tell' was situated. All I am asking were these people related to the Derek Higginbottom that I knew? He did something practically unheard of in his 'National Service' days, he attained the rank of Sergeant in the Coldstream Guards (I think I've got the regiment correct) and as I said before this was no small acheivement for a 2yr conscript. I don't think I am embarrassing or making anybody uncomfortable in anyway by this little snip-it of information. Would the people mentioned be related to Derek (sons,daughters,neices,nephew,brother,sister) the like?

im not sure fleetwood but i think are brother an sister

All I am asking were these people related to the Derek Higginbottom that I knew?

Derek & Jean Higginbottom were brother and sister and lived at 13 Botham Street, I can't say that it's the one you knew, as I don't know who you knew.

That was from me fleetwood, someone forgot to log out.

Skippy.

Thanks Skippy. The Derek I knew had red hair, when I said on my previous post about his distinguished 'National Service' it might give a person a clue about his age. Derek might have been a 'Boxer' also.