Anyone come from Grimesthorpe?

Dors

mazd5 i bet you hubbys dad know mine he would sit in that box in the corner shouting order and he would sell bingo tickets you know the shop on the corner of hunsley st and that road up to botham st bib thy call the lad wwho lived there Divid Garvis he knock about with Alan West and John Hancock

Hi Darrel, I think you mean Dave Garniss, he used to help out in Sutcliffe's shop.

ooops posted twice by mistake :hihi::hihi:

masda 5 ann i saw Margaret Hutchinson and her husband about 1985or86 thy were steward and stewardes at renishaw miners club when you went in the lane top club did you know a mandy williamson she did work behind the bar i did know a lad called tony egan the was on the committe bye

these names are coming to me now les beal,

WOW ! the grey matter is really flowing now Ann, Les [Gods gift to women] Beal,

Hi Skippy.

Didn't Les Beal marry Carol Marsh?

I remember when I married 'he who we don't talk about' :hihi:

Les threatened to come to the church and stand up when the vicar asked if anyone knew of any reason why we shouldn't be married. Shame he didn't :hihi::hihi:

I saw Margaret Hutchinson and her husband about 1985or86.

Margaret's husband Mick is also a Shirecliffe lad & an old mate of mine, it was a surprise to find out that when I moved to Botham St, he lived just up the road from us, as did another mate who lived 2 doors from me on the Shirecliffe & a girl I went to school with too, we spent many a good night in the Alex, which was run by Margarets sister Joan & husband Norm at that time.

normkie your right about that roy butler give me that name who are you i would remember someone with a name like yours we only got this thing to keep in touch with family when we moved to scaborough then my sister told me about the forum and its brought back a lot of happy memories and a lot of fargotten friends from years gone bye were spending the week end in sheffield this saturday ps you would not be koolo3

Hello DORS, can you remember Les Massey ?

Dazza, :hihi: Dor's knew Les M very well when they were about 5 years old, he lived on Sharp St ? at that time, that ran off Crown Hill where the pub was on the corner.

The wife of a bloke I worked with here was Les Massey's cousin, small world eh ? I knew Les's mam & dad really well.

She doesn't remember the other bloke.

fishcake it was dave garniss can you remember the ward brother philip and glyn thy moved from i think botham st to whiteways drive it was the next to last house on the right hand side looking up to the fields bofore thy got built on philip was a jioner and glyn was in the police and thy had 2 sister its amazing were it keeps comeing from when you havent thought of people for years