Anyone come from Grimesthorpe?

Dors

I think I might be older than you MAZDA5 but three names jump out at me, you mention Handwell, did you mean Hanwell and if so would this have been a relative of Peter, Doug or Roy Hanwell. The Mcallan, again might this person have been related to Bernard Mcallan, who possibly moved to Canada. Lastly the Jean Higginbottom, did she have a connection to Derek Higginbottom. All these people that I have mentioned all lived on the lower portion of Botham St within a stones throw from one another many years ago.

hi fleet

hanwells and mcallens lived in the middle of botham st and higginbottoms lived on the bottom of botham st next yard up from dors i lived in the middle opposite the hutchinsons aslo there was a malcolm marsh and his sister carol she married les beal yes he was gods gift to women we used to see him regular in the sheffield arms when i used to go in with david

masda 5 ann i saw Margaret Hutchinson and her husband about 1985or86 thy were steward and stewardes at renishaw miners club when you went in the lane top club did you know a mandy williamson she did work behind the bar i did know a lad called tony egan the was on the committe bye

hi ivan

i didnt go to the bar for drinks that was up to hubby LOL i knew tony quite well i even won open the box once it was a 1000 pounds i think maggie as we called her are still in the club trade

hi fleet

hanwells and mcallens lived in the middle of botham st.there was a malcolm marsh and his sister carol she married les beal yes he was gods gift to women

Ah! glad to know the old memory is still working :hihi: I remember Mrs Marsh well. She was a good friend of my mums.

And of course my sister in law is one of the Hanwells. I keep trying to get her to come on and tell some of her memories but she is such a quiet person she wont :hihi::hihi:

While we are at it who on earth told Les Beal he was Gods Gift :loopy:

While we are at it who on earth told Les Beal he was Gods Gift

-----------------------------------------------------------

Well said Nettie, everyone knows I hold that title. Is Les related to Irene Beal ?

Good to hear you're doing well.

While we are at it who on earth told Les Beal he was Gods Gift

-----------------------------------------------------------

Well said Nettie, everyone knows I hold that title. Is Les related to Irene Beal ?

Good to hear you're doing well.

Ah yes Cat

How on earth could he compete with a "Distinguished Silver Haired handsome Prince" :hihi::hihi:

Sorry to bring that up again but I couldnt resist :hihi::hihi:

I thought it must be you Kevin. Welcome to the Grimesthorpe thread.

Why "Bantambuddy", do you have a thing about motorbikes or is it chickens ?

Welcome to the Grimesthorpe thread Kevin. Hope you have lots of funny memories.

fishcake it was dave garniss can you remember the ward brother philip and glyn thy moved from i think botham st to whiteways drive it was the next to last house on the right hand side looking up to the fields bofore thy got built on philip was a jioner and glyn was in the police and thy had 2 sister its amazing were it keeps comeing from when you havent thought of people for years

Glyn was in the same class as me most of my school life at Owler Lane Infants& Senior Grimesthorpe Junior & Central Techncal School his brother Phil was the joiner on our new house in Dronfield Woodhouse in 1976.

masda5 ann when i was in the first year at owler lane roy bows/eve mcallen and a few others i have mentioned was in the 2nd year but we was all in the same class and when i was in the 2nd year keith mcallan was in the 1st did keith join the army and the same happened with joe and david bows bye take care