Do Snooker Players Get Stiff Necks ?

With all the bending down they have to do I’ve often wondered this. I’ve often seen a snooker player rubbing his neck. I can remember years ago seeing an old snooker player who was now retired wearing a surgical collar on his neck.

17 minutes ago, cressida said:

I wouldn't want to do any sport where bending is necessary,  wonder if they get bad backs in later life,  🤔

Nothing to do with snooker  ( sorry ) but as a teenager I did  figure skating and ice dancing ( lots of twisting, turning and jumping )  Very good exercise at the time but I think I'm paying the price now  ( I'm 69 this year ) as I have suffered from arthritis of the facet joint ( lower spine ) and constant sciatica for years .   I don't regret it one bit though as I absolutely loved it.      ⛸️ ⛸️

Used to play snooker a lot when I was younger, no issues.

After two frames now my neck is killing me, I suppose the two frames taking about 3 hours doesn't help mind!

1 hour ago, cressida said:

Francy,  there's a sciatica jab available at GP surgeries,  is it too late for you?

Cressy,  not heard of that, I'll make enquiries at my next prescription review.

Years ago I had Morphine injections in the base of my spine at the hospital which did absolutely nothing for the pain  ....... just made me very sick.

• Sad 1

16 hours ago, cressida said:

Read it somewhere,  pattricia had it and got rid of it,  you could send her a pm.

I didn’t have a jab for it cressy.Still got it but has improved with physiotherapy.

1 minute ago, pattricia said:

I didn’t have a jab for it cressy.Still got it but has improved with physiotherapy.

The jab was only a recent option,  sure I read of one.   Glad it has improved for you.🙂

When I was nursing we had to strip and remake hundreds of beds a week. I learnt how to do “ hospital corners”  which was a neater and tighter way of folding the corner sheets of a bed. I believe that is why I now have a lot of backaches. I know a lot of tradesmen like plumbers, electricians and builders who have had to kneel on hard floors and finish up with bad knees when they retired Now of course there are knee pads which fit into overalls to stop all that.

• Like 1