Homemade Sign Complains About 'Commuters' Who Park Outside People's Houses S11

Personally I found it funny.

I can see both sides though, however unless you have an allocated parking space then people can park wherever they want, as long as it's legal.

Although saying that, the fact that someone can park on your driveway and it's not classed as a criminal act is utterly ludicrous.

• Like 7

It would have been helpful if the instagrammer who took the picture of the sign showed the car in more context as to how it was parked.   

If it's public street with no parking restrictions and the car was not blocking anyone's access, then the creator of the sign is clearly just a moron. 

Maybe if it offends them to the point of hysteria where they create a silly sign, they should move to a suburb where they can afford to have their own driveway. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ECCOnoob said:

It would have been helpful if the instagrammer who took the picture of the sign showed the car in more context as to how it was parked.   

If it's public street with no parking restrictions and the car was not blocking anyone's access, then the creator of the sign is clearly just a moron. 

Maybe if it offends them to the point of hysteria where they create a silly sign, they should move to a suburb where they can afford to have their own driveway. 

What if they can't afford to move ? 

11 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

What if they can't afford to move ? 

If they stopped wasting money on printer ink, paper and electricity, they might be able to afford it. We all would like to park outside our house if possible. The fact is, the path isn't ours, neither is the road. That applies if you own or rent a property. Disabled people can pay to have the yellow box pained in the road. Anyone with a blue badge can use it...most just ignore it anyway.

My view is pretty much covered in this quote.

21 minutes ago, Pyrotequila said:

Personally I found it funny.

I can see both sides though, however unless you have an allocated parking space then people can park wherever they want, as long as it's legal.

Although saying that, the fact that someone can park on your driveway and it's not classed as a criminal act is utterly ludicrous.

• Thanks 1

We managed to train our commuters to park properly with the judicious use of planters and white 'H's', enabling more cars to park, easier access to our drives, less damage to footways and verges and a quicker journey for all.