Gunstones Bakery

Has any one here had problems with this Gunstones Bakery? my 2 sons went for jobs 2 weeks ago they had to do some sort of test,and 1 of my sons past but the other did'nt,mind you what a waste of time it was any way.He went for an induction 2 days later and was told by A4E that he would get paid for this,then was told he'd be contacted in the next couple of days but wasn't! So he rang Gunstones and was cut off after a few mins,so he rang A4E who managed to get through to the bakery and was told he would be starting work in an hour,which was short notice because we live in Sheff 6 and the bakery is in Dronfield so we managed to get him there with 10 mins to spare he was there from 11am to 8pm and came back tired but happy to be working at long last.But his happiness was short lived they never rang back to let him know if he was working or not,so we rang A4E again and was told that my son has to ring them to ask for work,how stupid is this set up,plus was told "Oh there sorting his contract out" cus there's a lot of people there,I mean how long do's it take,there useless by sounds of it.I rang A4E and asked what's going on and was told the same,my son has to ring the bakery for work,I asked what about the 1 day my son? did,my sons advisers said "Oh he'll have to work a week in hand,I said right so we have to ring up every day to get work,that is daft,so the adviser said my son will be paid for his induction which he hasn't so that means he's worked for free because I doubt he'll get paid for the 1 day he worked either!

Sounds like a right old mess, can't you get the direct number for the guy who's supposed to be his manager and figure out when he's supposed to work?

A4E....says it all really

All 4 Emma ?

Some employees at Gunstones have had redundancy notices

Has any one here had problems with this Gunstones Bakery? my 2 sons went for jobs 2 weeks ago they had to do some sort of test,and 1 of my sons past but the other did'nt,mind you what a waste of time it was any way.He went for an induction 2 days later and was told by A4E that he would get paid for this,then was told he'd be contacted in the next couple of days but wasn't! So he rang Gunstones and was cut off after a few mins,so he rang A4E who managed to get through to the bakery and was told he would be starting work in an hour,which was short notice because we live in Sheff 6 and the bakery is in Dronfield so we managed to get him there with 10 mins to spare he was there from 11am to 8pm and came back tired but happy to be working at long last.But his happiness was short lived they never rang back to let him know if he was working or not,so we rang A4E again and was told that my son has to ring them to ask for work,how stupid is this set up,plus was told "Oh there sorting his contract out" cus there's a lot of people there,I mean how long do's it take,there useless by sounds of it.I rang A4E and asked what's going on and was told the same,my son has to ring the bakery for work,I asked what about the 1 day my son? did,my sons advisers said "Oh he'll have to work a week in hand,I said right so we have to ring up every day to get work,that is daft,so the adviser said my son will be paid for his induction which he hasn't so that means he's worked for free because I doubt he'll get paid for the 1 day he worked either!

Sounds a mess, but why didnt your son find out when he was next required to work before he left, rather than waiting for them to ring him?

Might be better if he rang rather than you, it would give a better impression, and would maybe be a lesson in life for him also, getting used to ringing people up and asking things which he may or may not be comfortable with?

How do you know the induction was a waste of time? Do you know what its purpose was? Maybe somebody from Gunstones looks at this forum, maybe they remember two brothers who came together, and maybe they now think twice about giving your son another opportunity. They dont owe your son a job, good on him for going, try not to fall into the trap of slagging everything off as a waste of time or useless.

very odd cus they are desperate for staff!& they will be having more production lines running soon too,but its been badly run for some years to be honest. :(

I was thinking this is a strange thread.

The OP posted a similar thread on 8th January 2013 but then it was about Fletchers Bakery !!! ??? :huh:

She started the previous thread then never responded to any replies,

Bet she does the same with this one.

Edited by francypants

Sounds like they REALLY want to work in the baking industry...

Very strange, know people who work there and they need staff. Maybe mummy should let her son stand on his own 2 feet and contact them for an explanation. I know if u read something like this on gere about one of my staff, referring to an induction being pointless, Id be having conversations with the person as to the reason why they no longer have a job!

It does seem to be confusing. I do know that there are two workforces there and two lots of HR.

One is for personnel employed by Gunstones and another for agency staff.