Gunstones Bakery

I worked part-time at Gunstones Bakery for about 8 months. The agency over there is Staffline. Not sure if A4E is an additional one operating now. What blueberry5 wrote is true. The communication between the production chaps and the agency is very poor. So the agency always sends out messages to agency staff the previous day informing of their shift for the next day. about 5-10 people always get sent back. I've turned up at work numerous times and have been sent back saying they've enough people already.

On top of all this, there is a whole lot of favoritism and stuff going on for allotment of shifts.

In reply to the OP, long back people used to get paid for the induction day. now they dont. and it usually take a while to get the contracts sorted and your first shift allotted. it does help to pester them to allot you a shift quickly. one does not have to call them daily to check about work. they will sms you about it the previous day.

Its Always the Case in Food Factories, You are always going to Get Low Wages with no Guarantee of Contracted Hours, And the work is always Repetitive & Tedious , you should know that, Thats Why these Places are for Foreign People who Can't speak good English & who cant Get a Job in a Bank or Office etc.

If your Going to Work here, then i Suggest It be Short Lived, As you might End up Working Here for Rest of your Life.

What about people who can't write in good English?

i have a friend who has been employed by gunstones for past 9 weeks supposidly working 4 days per week hes getting mighty peed off as every morning he gets a txt stating there is no work today due to low orders he doesnt know wether hes coming or going with them my advice i know works hard to come by but look elsewhere they are a waste of time

• 11 months later...
Gunstone bakery loses sandwich making contract from M&S, some workers may be made redundant if no suitable alternative options are found for them. Sad stuff with Christmas just around the corner.

Is there any solid evidence that this has happened, its always been know that gunstones had an on off relationship with M&S, if so i couldnt wish it on a better company,

whilst i have sympathy for the workforce that was on the sandwich department if they are up for redundancy i do not have sympathy for the company itself as a past employee i/we where treat like the worst kind we where scum so long as the profits were rolling in gunstones where/are not bothered, the amount of abuse on an almost daily basis was horrific i now suffer mental scars on my health because of them.

Worked at Gunny's for 16 years and have to agree with other posters. It is a shambolic place. Nepotism and cronyism is rampant. I really do feel for any of my old workmates who are still there. Being asked to leave by the company was the best thing to happen to me for a long time. I'm now on a zero-hours contract with the Royal Mail but its fine coz the pays tremendous. My advice is steer clear of Gunstones.