Gunstones Bakery

Very strange, know people who work there and they need staff. Maybe mummy should let her son stand on his own 2 feet and contact them for an explanation. I know if u read something like this on gere about one of my staff, referring to an induction being pointless, Id be having conversations with the person as to the reason why they no longer have a job!

I am a taxi driver and have took temp staff to gunstones in the morning, to my supprise i have seen the same people who i'd droped off 10mins ago walking back!!

A few days later i picked up the same people up and they told me that what is happening is not fair on temp staff, they are being called to work early in the morning 6-7AM and either catching two busses or all chipping in for a taxi.

What happens then is the agency in charge are given a limit on how many staff they should provide for gunstones, inturn they phone ALL TEMP STAFF, and call them in for work, this way they are garunteed all the staff.

So for example they need 50 people and sixty turn up, they will only take there 50, the rest its TUFF!! some of these people are walking back (majority from sheffield) cause by the time they are told they are no return buses till 10am, & alot cant afford taxis on the way back. its wrong but theere getting away with it....

I just got a job with pennine foods threw A4E to an staff line agancy but have been employed by staff line at pennine..

I work at gunstones and not pennine's

I find it very strange having to travel an extra 2miles but hey a jobs a job nowadays love it or not

but if he gets a job stay away for hi care it bloody cold

I know it's a lot off horse poo

But am getting double I was while signing on

Plus job centre never helped me on my mortgage or owt like that due

To their 6 month rule of signing on I can't afford to sign on again

Agency work. Might as well rob what you can when you get the chance, because your a piece of dirt with no rights, security, and your wages are poor. They joys of employment in the UK.

As you are no doubt aware there are some contributors to this very forum who believe that is exactly how workers should be treat and if they don't like it tough!

As you are no doubt aware there are some contributors to this very forum who believe that is exactly how workers should be treat and if they don't like it tough!

Agency workers need a union and better working conditions. It's a strange world when people in the so called 1st world, working in food factories go hungry.