Thoughts: What Marriage Doesn't Have Its Ups And Downs Over The Years?

Just now, Draggletail said:

I was ruminating on this while having a pee in the toilet. BTW, I was sitting down. ;)   :D 

My marriage was OK at first. Plenty of laughs, plenty of good times.

Then I found out she was a cheating lying scumbag who was abusive and violent to boot.

It was all downhil from there. 

Having said that by that time we'd had two beautiful kids so even the (many) downs didn't seem to bad. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Then I found out she was a cheating lying scumbag who was abusive and violent to boot.

Having said that by that time we'd had two beautiful kids so even the (many) downs didn't seem to bad. 

I'm sorry to hear that DADDY. As you say, you have two beautiful kids, the most wonderful thing ever, life changing and one of the most significant events in someone's life, if not the most significant thing. I have two kids so I get it.

My  other half was the love of my life, no one from the past could ever compare to her. We had twenty six years together. We did have ups and downs, especially after the birth of our first, but you get through it. We eventually split up and divorced over a disagreement that wasn't discussed as it should have been, and couldn't be resolved.

Life, Eh?!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

She had a nice smile though 😃

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, The_DADDY said:

Hmmmmm, you seem to know an awful lot about her. 

Got something to admit there hackey? :suspect:

You are a brilliant Father Daddy.  Does your ex ever see her children.  Hope you don’t mind me asking.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Draggletail said:

I'm sorry to hear that DADDY. As you say, you have two beautiful kids, the most wonderful thing ever, life changing and one of the most significant events in someone's life, if not the most significant thing. I have two kids so I get it.

My  other half was the love of my life, no one from the past could ever compare to her. We had twenty six years together. We did have ups and downs, especially after the birth of our first, but you get through it. We eventually split up and divorced over a disagreement that wasn't discussed as it should have been, and couldn't be resolved.

Life, Eh?!

I'm sorry to hear that Draggletail. It's nice that you have fond memories though 🙏

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

I'm sorry to hear that Draggletail. It's nice that you have fond memories though 🙏

Thanks. Yes, that can't be taken away. 👍

• Like 1

Just now, hauxwell said:

You are a brilliant Father Daddy.  Does your ex ever see her children.  Hope you don’t mind me asking.

Thank you hauxwell. That's nice of you to say.

Sadly no, she refuses to see them. My daughter isn't too bothered (She's always been a Daddy's girl) but my son went into a deep depression which brought about self harming and the like. He may be 25 in body but he's still has a child's mind so really struggles to process these things. He finally got back into college last year after years of ill health, I even posted about it on here but then his mum did what she did (for the 3rd time I might add) and his world just crashed around him and he had to leave college again.

He tries to say it doesn't bother him but his eyes betray his real feelings. 

• Sad 3