Thoughts: What Marriage Doesn't Have Its Ups And Downs Over The Years?

7 minutes ago, Padders said:

My marriage had plenty of "Ups" and "Downs"

Usually 3/4 times a week......

Mate. I hope you mean 3 to 4 times a week cos the way you've typed it looks like you're saying only 3 quarter times a week.

THATS NOT EVEN A FULL ONE!!!!

Still, its more ups and downs than I had 😢

• Haha 1

Never been married, I am now 56.

Had a few long relationships and had plenty of ups and downs in those.  It's all par for the course isn't it?

How you resolve them is the important part I guess.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Thank you hauxwell. That's nice of you to say.

Sadly no, she refuses to see them. My daughter isn't too bothered (She's always been a Daddy's girl) but my son went into a deep depression which brought about self harming and the like. He may be 25 in body but he's still has a child's mind so really struggles to process these things. He finally got back into college last year after years of ill health, I even posted about it on here but then his mum did what she did (for the 3rd time I might add) and his world just crashed around him and he had to leave college again.

He tries to say it doesn't bother him but his eyes betray his real feelings. 

I can remember you posting on here how proud you were that your son was back in college. I get the impression your ex arranged to meet her son but cancels at the last minute.  They are lucky that they have you and if anyone can get your son back in college it’s you.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Thank you hauxwell. That's nice of you to say.

Sadly no, she refuses to see them. My daughter isn't too bothered (She's always been a Daddy's girl) but my son went into a deep depression which brought about self harming and the like. He may be 25 in body but he's still has a child's mind so really struggles to process these things. He finally got back into college last year after years of ill health, I even posted about it on here but then his mum did what she did (for the 3rd time I might add) and his world just crashed around him and he had to leave college again.

He tries to say it doesn't bother him but his eyes betray his real feelings. 

We know Daddy,

She occasionally post's on here..

Wish she would post more often cus she sounds really lovely..

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, hauxwell said:

I can remember you posting on here how proud you were that your son was back in college. I get the impression your ex arranged to meet her son but cancels at the last minute.  They are lucky that they have you and if anyone can get your son back in college it’s you.  

Yeah that's right, she did that very regularly, same with phone calls etc. On the occasions they stayed with her before she started cutting them out of her life She encouraged my son to smoke weed and tobacco and convinced my daughter that vapes aren't harmful but are infact really cool 🙄 

I didn't know until her vape use was picked up in a physical just before a fight. That's when I found out she'd got my son smoking too. I lost the plot and her excuse was 'They aren't kids anymore' and the usual 'You're just controlling them' rubbish.

Oops, sorry, went on a bit of a rant there 😅 

Getting him back in college Is unlikely though tbf. His health is just too poor, good days are very rare and even the good days are full of pain and discomfort.

He never complains though. I've got to hand it to him. I'd be milking it for all its worth 😂

1 hour ago, Padders said:

We know Daddy,

She occasionally post's on here..

Wish she would post more often cus she sounds really lovely..

Cheers Padders. 

I'll pass that on to her. She's not visited much recently as she's training hard for her upcoming fight.

I'm super nervous but she absolutely can not wait.

Fighters are weirdos in my opinion 😂

Screenshot_20240505_204800_Facebook.jpg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Draggletail said:

I was ruminating on this while having a pee in the toilet. BTW, I was sitting down. ;)   :D 

Don’t worry Draggletail they can’t arrest you for it!😃

echo.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

Mate. I hope you mean 3 to 4 times a week cos the way you've typed it looks like you're saying only 3 quarter times a week.

THATS NOT EVEN A FULL ONE!!!!

Still, its more ups and downs than I had 😢

My thoughts exactly Daddy. I’m still waiting for the climax of the story!😁

• Haha 2