Margaret Thatcher Thread - Read the first post before posting

Despite all that nonsense we were doing just fine until labour took over the reins of power.

---------- Post added 09-04-2013 at 21:24 ----------

Now you are just being silly, of cause we would have those things.

You are being blinded by pure ignorance, you'd have jack trust me.

But for unions, you'd have no holidays, no sick pay, employment rights, no Health & Safety at work, the list is endless

You are wasting your time trying to explain all this to the right wing forum Mafia. They think all these rights were granted out of the goodness of the ruling classes hearts. Rights had to be won, they were never 'given'. They were grudgingly granted. I despair now, Unions have no bottle, no stomach for a fight. Workforces are scared to death of losing their jobs.....................just what the Torys always wanted. Sod it, I retire in a years time. I have been semi retired for the last 3 years. Why should I care ??

Congratulations on your Uni education.

I take it you are not conversant with pit villages , villages that are often in the middle of nowhere

Villages where just to travel to a town is a non starter if you are a young skint school leaver with no prospects, this can be due to your location away from centres of what is left of Industry.

By the way my story is not tripe it is a true story told to me by both a pupil and the Headmaster from Creswell school.

Creswell is the land that time forgot, but you could probably name another twenty just like it. Creswell is a short bus ride to the bright lights of Worksop and chesterfield, you can progress. These villages don't though, they are all sat around blaming someone who stopped running the country 23 years ago. I wonder how the likes of Nagasaki and hiroshima did after 23 years of being nuked ? Far better than creswell.

Really though, who waits for 23 years for a government to do something ?

She was the mad hatter with her tea party cohorts, out of control and non of her party members had enough balls to reel her in.

There was no analysing of a situation or a structured way of reaching a resolution...straight to the sledgehammer to crack the walnut...iron lady like its a compliment!, wisdom would have been a better virtue.

We can no longer compete internationally because she smashed any and all major industry, because she didn't have the vision or skill to swing allegiance (of unions or people) or promote or nurture before going on the defensive, not to mention changing future generations views on the moral/ethical stance of our police force by using them as her own personal boot boys.

Simpletons governance...lets not fix it, lets get rid of it.

She was perfect for her time, when government was about flexing muscle and displaying power over its citizens rather than promoting the nation in a global sense.

A couple of things I admired about Thatcher, the notion of personal responsibility for ones own self, and the likening of the national finances to a household budget and the need to live within means.

If only Gordon Brown had taken heed of this latter bit of advise, we wouldn't be in such a mess now. Before anybody chirps in about bailing out the banks, take a look at the UK deficit excluding financial sector interventions.

Edited by SevenRivers

Creswell is the land that time forgot, but you could probably name another twenty just like it. Creswell is a short bus ride to the bright lights of Worksop and chesterfield, you can progress. These villages don't though, they are all sat around blaming someone who stopped running the country 23 years ago. I wonder how the likes of Nagasaki and hiroshima did after 23 years of being nuked ? Far better than creswell.

Lots of work in Worksop, the sandwich factory is thriving it also helps if you can speak Polish.

Well said. The jobs for life union mob destroyed their own communities with a complete unwillingness to adapt to a changing world.

A couple of things I admired about Thatcher, the notion of personal responsibility for ones own self, and the likening of the national finances to a household budget and the need to live within means.

If only Gordon Brown had taken heed of this latter bit of advise, we wouldn't be in such a mess now. Before anybody chirps in about bailing out the banks, take a look at the UK deficit excluding financial sector interventions.

Personal responsability for ones own self! she must have been thinking of their Mark.

Is he still lost in the Sahara or is he in a South African jail.