Boyzone's Stephen Gateley found dead.

still in shock loved stephen so much r.i.p xxxxxxx

:) So glad someone else feels the same-I felt a bit stupid, and can't really explain why I'm as upset as I am-the only explanation I can come up with is that throughout my whole childhood I adored this man in the way only a child can dote on a celebrity! As I grew older, I was able to turn that adoration into admiration and respect for him and his courage and general lovliness. Solid proof you don't have to have bad boy appeal to be amazingly attractive and likeable.

I'm upset, in a way I've never come across before. It's someone I've never met (damnit - 2 down (Ronan & Shane), (was) 3 to go!!!) but it's someone I've had great admiration for since about 1995. Someone who's picture was plastered all over my bedroom walls during my teen years. Someone who I used to write to (but don't think I ever sent them?!), someone who used to sing me to sleep, and sing to cheer me up. Someone who I've seen sing live on seven (??) occasions here in mighty Sheffield, and each one of those have been one of the most magnificent nights of my life.

I've not cried, and I don't feel like I've lost someone. A friend of mine passed away in July, and was no reason for his death, aged only 25, and for him I was truly gutted, like something had been taken from me. With this, it's just the disbelief that someone I have admired so much is not there to be admired in the future. If I ever see Boyzone again, it'll not be Boyzone, it'll be Boyzone minus Stephen. There are always the memories from the past, but the future of the band will never be the same.

You know what feels odd though? Boyzone 'reformed' in 2007 on Children In Need, so have been known as the group again since then. I don't think I would have felt this way if I hadn't seen them again recently. If it had been back in 1999 when I last saw them as a group (and thought it was the last time ever I'd see them!!!!!) I think everything would be different, even the media wouldn't be as interested as they are.

I am not a fan of this group, but he was so young.

I'm upset, in a way I've never come across before. It's someone I've never met (damnit - 2 down (Ronan & Shane), (was) 3 to go!!!) but it's someone I've had great admiration for since about 1995. Someone who's picture was plastered all over my bedroom walls during my teen years. Someone who I used to write to (but don't think I ever sent them?!), someone who used to sing me to sleep, and sing to cheer me up. Someone who I've seen sing live on seven (??) occasions here in mighty Sheffield, and each one of those have been one of the most magnificent nights of my life.

I've not cried, and I don't feel like I've lost someone. A friend of mine passed away in July, and was no reason for his death, aged only 25, and for him I was truly gutted, like something had been taken from me. With this, it's just the disbelief that someone I have admired so much is not there to be admired in the future. If I ever see Boyzone again, it'll not be Boyzone, it'll be Boyzone minus Stephen. There are always the memories from the past, but the future of the band will never be the same.

You know what feels odd though? Boyzone 'reformed' in 2007 on Children In Need, so have been known as the group again since then. I don't think I would have felt this way if I hadn't seen them again recently. If it had been back in 1999 when I last saw them as a group (and thought it was the last time ever I'd see them!!!!!) I think everything would be different, even the media wouldn't be as interested as they are.

I've only met Ronan. I really really wanted to see Stephen in a musical, but never had the money to when he was in one. I planned on saving up for the next one, but now it's too late. My walls were plastered with his beautiful face too, and today I've had on old Boyzone videos all day whilst doing Uni work. It's just so, so sad.

I understand where you are coming from-of course it isn't like losing someone you actually know, but like you I am still very upset and sad that never again will I hear anything about him, never again will I see him in concert. I watched the news the other evening, and it showed Stephen's body bag being moved-well, that was it! I was in floods instantly. The fact that the media chased his husband right after he had visited Stephen's body and tried to get a picture and comment. Heartless. And I wish people would get used to the idea of Andy and Stephen being marrier and refer to Andy as Stephen's husband, not merely his partner

He was a brave, brave man who inspired so many people. Especially young gay people. I wonder if he ever knew how much of an inspiration and source of courage he was to so many? I'm betting he didn't-he didn't seem the type to know how wonderful he really was.

What will always stay with me is his courage, and how sad it was he had to hide his true self for so long. His voice and his music I will treasure forever. They've got quite a choir up in the clouds now haven't they :)

today I've had on old Boyzone videos all day whilst doing Uni work.

Oh, I still know the dances and am doing them in my head :hihi:

It may have had something to do with the hedonistic lifestyle his kind seem to pursue with the intensity that attention seekers crave

It's the daily mail.

She's an idiot.

Let's just say, I hope "natural justice" comes calling.

Heaven forbid a gay couple should take a friend back to their hotel room after a night out. Shock horror! Because they're gay, it has to mean that something sinister and evil is going on!

Silly bint. Hope Gately's family sue her for every penny they can.

It's the daily mail.

She's an idiot.

Let's just say, I hope "natural justice" comes calling.

Heaven forbid a gay couple should take a friend back to their hotel room after a night out. Shock horror! Because they're gay, it has to mean that something sinister and evil is going on!

Silly bint. Hope Gately's family sue her for every penny they can.

Spot on!

Ignore the bigotry - they're only trying to provoke a response to boost their own (un)popularity.