Boyzone's Stephen Gateley found dead.

donuticus

Homosexual..its not rocket science

It's not true, either. The vast majority of homosexuals do not pursue any more hedonistic a lifestyle than the vast majority of heterosexuals do.

As for the article, most of it is quite reasonable. It's only at the end, where she brings in a sideswipe on homosexuality in general, that she makes herself look silly. A lot of questions do still remain unanswered about how a fit, healthy young man can suddenly keel over dead for no good reason.

The unpleasant double standards in this piece of "journalism" hardly need to be spelled out but here goes. Ms Moir boasts that "in years gone by, we would have been up to the Plimsoll Line in chilled white wine by 3pm and have terrorised every eligible bachelor within a ten-mile radius of our rented cottage" and yet she has just spouted snide and hurtful suggestions that in the late Mr Gately's case "the ooze of a very different and more dangerous lifestyle has seeped out for all to see".

So it's one rule for a drunk gang of heterosexual women and another for homosexual men is it? Why on earth is this sort of thing allowed to be published?

- Robert, Inverness, 16/10/2009 11:43

Gateley's death

"... strikes another blow to the happy-ever-after myth of civil partnerships."

She's getting a kicking in comments. What a nasty article.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1220756/Why-natural-Stephen-Gatelys-death.html

And with good cause.

What is the criteria for being an article writer in a newspaper these days? See hom much mindless bile and crap you can commit to print? How does what Gately's partner was doing in another room with that Bulgarian bloke have any bearing on his death? And since when did smoking a joint bring on a pulmonary oedema? I'm pretty sure they've never mentioned that in the Talk to Frank ads..

One thing I think we can take from the article is that Jan Moir is a horrible witch - lets hope her next **** is a hedgehog, eh?

I don't know why anyone's surprised.

The author, and clearly a few people on here, still are of the opinion that it's "us and them". Probably the same people who say things like, "I met this man the other day, and you know what, he was gay, but he was ever so nice!", as if that's a surprise.

Being gay doesn't make someone camp, hedonistic, or whatever pointless description people want to give them. It's completely irrelevant. I remember on one of the rubbish programs on C4 Stan Boardman's wife saying it was wrong that gays and paedophiles could adopt. Says it all of some people's attitudes.

The fact that people have attitudes like that still stuns me as I'd have hoped evolution would have wiped them out by now. Darwin must be turning in his grave.

A lot of questions do still remain unanswered about how a fit, healthy young man can suddenly keel over dead for no good reason.

What questions? SADS kills between 60 and 80 young Irish people a year.

Unless you think the coroner lied to the corut?

Exactly.

Similar to the tragic cot death cases. No one really knows why these things happen. Sometimes, people do just die. There's plenty of examples!

Obviously though it has to be some evil, twisted gay sex act involving injecting fluid into the lungs....

Linking Gateley's death to Matt Lucas's partner's suicide is a particularly sleazy thing to do.

1/

Gay and straight people have sex, drink and smoke joints.

2/

Gay and straight people sometimes die tragically young.

3/

Taking drugs, drinking or dying young has the square root of fxxx all to do with being gay or straight.