Sheffield Congestion Charge From Feb 27th 2023

Chekhov

2 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

Do you know what a question mark means?

If you want to be picky then, why would anyone think it would be “well done”?

21 minutes ago, HumbleNarrator said:

I blame planner1 and his colleagues - it is they who designed the road network that sends trucks and vans in high concentration into where people live and work.

Yeah, facilitating the movement of people and goods, that’s terrible……..

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Planner1 said:

If you want to be picky then, why would anyone think it would be “well done”?

Picky?

I'm not being picky. 

You just didn't pay attention to the fact there was a question mark at the end which made my post a question, not a statement or opinion.

Just for me....does anyone on here actually know how the CAZ works,,?  For example I follow a newish 'car' down the Parkway and onto Park Square roundabout so I guess into the zone. The 'car' I followed was showing a Castleford?  private hire plate on the back. So, do the cameras or whatever they called scan all vehicles and then check to see what they are registered as and then issue a fine if it is applicable?

8 hours ago, ads36 said:

it doesn't.

it just about scrapes under the very 'generous' limits.

Another point I feel is worth mentioning is ,if the air quality just about scrapes through as good then as people naturally replace their vehicles over time to more environmentally friendly ones then won't the air quality just naturally improve anyway without the need for this stupid Caz Zone ,which we all know is about making money and nothing to do with cleaning the air .

51 minutes ago, Meltman said:

Just for me....does anyone on here actually know how the CAZ works,,?  For example I follow a newish 'car' down the Parkway and onto Park Square roundabout so I guess into the zone. The 'car' I followed was showing a Castleford?  private hire plate on the back. So, do the cameras or whatever they called scan all vehicles and then check to see what they are registered as and then issue a fine if it is applicable?

Would assume all private hire cars are on the national databse regardless of where they are registered.  So yes, unless they pay the tenner within a week, they get a letter sent out.

3 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Would assume all private hire cars are on the national databse regardless of where they are registered.  So yes, unless they pay the tenner within a week, they get a letter sent out.

I could assume something like that also..

but asked if anyone on here actually knows how it works. For example...are all car registration plates checked to see how that vehicle is registered