Is free speech a thing of the past in England.

A personal attack ,well well whatever next.

Not an attack, just using my freedom of speech to tell the truth, we see it all the time on here, whys this thread closed? why cant we talk about this lot of people (despite it falling into arguements time and time again), last one was the gypsies thread, people dont really want to "talk" about gypsies they just want to slag off and vent hatred.

My post on gay taking over from poof etc was just an example as to how free speech is now frowned upon .there are many examples inc ladies first or man holes ,some one even objected to using working mens club on here not so long ago .

Chat up lines in clubs and pubs are no longer P.C ,my favourite was always the one where a chap would look at a ladies garment label while saying "I thought so made in Heaven".

Chat up lines in clubs and pubs are no longer P.C ,my favourite was always the one where a chap would look at a ladies garment label while saying "I thought so made in Heaven".

With all the crap going on in the world today are you seriously most concerned about being able to use cheesy chat up lines?

Have you ever spent any time thinking about how a woman may think about a comment like that? It is either

1. Wow what a clever, charming guy. I'd love to go out with him, or

2. What a dick. I hope I don't have to spend the evening trying to avoid him.

(Clue: It's not number one!)

With all the crap going on in the world today are you seriously most concerned about being able to use cheesy chat up lines?

Have you ever spent any time thinking about how a woman may think about a comment like that? It is either

1. Wow what a clever, charming guy. I'd love to go out with him, or

2. What a dick. I hope I don't have to spend the evening trying to avoid him.

(Clue: It's not number one!)

You're single aren't you?

My post on gay taking over from poof etc was just an example as to how free speech is now frowned upon

No it isn't, it's about thinking about how people want to be addressed. Gay people didn't get a choice when they were called homo and poofter etc and it was often accompanied by a kicking or even worst, being arrested.

I mean, if we are addressing people on what YOU prefer, some people might not refer to as Albert the polite old gentleman they might prefer say Albert the backwards, bigoted old fart who can't accept it's not 1950 anymore.

I wouldn't though.

I always thought of Gay as a Welsh name in itself, not short for anything. Gabe is normally the short version of Gabriel. I wouldn't know much about the TV presenter or the racehorse trainer post-1981 as that's when I left the country.

Don't get the Mary bit, unless it really was his middle name. lol

Yes Gay Byrne was Irish and he was a presenter on 'Scene at 6:30', I think he went on to be a top boss with Granada TV in Manchester.

[A] lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.

- Joseph Goebbels

The conspiracy theories you push - flat earth, vaccinations, chemtrails, 9/11 etc - have nothing to do with the truth.

The state isn't repressing these ideas because anyone with a few brain cells to rub together can tell that they're barmy.