Winter weather thread 2017/2018

Padders

Snake pass shut

It was closed at about 7 o'clock when I was out that way, I heard Woodhead was closed due to stranded vehicles.

I went up it at 1700, and it was fine in both directions,

Then at 2030, I attempted to get to it again, and I struggled to get from Crookes to Crosspool when it came down really quickly.

I got onto Manchester Road and thought people looked like they were really struggling. I ventured as far down M'cr Rd as Rivelin Valley Road - :shocked:, and promptly decided against going any further! :hihi:

There are a few posts on this thread that are a bit jokey but some get deleted , Is having a bit of fun Banned ?

Since there aren't any posts between this and mine, I assume they were at me.

I turned off my ability so see deleted posts so I can't them anymore.

There are a few posts on this thread that are a bit jokey but some get deleted , Is having a bit of fun Banned ?

Having fun isn't banned, but this thread is to enable people to see current reports about the state of the roads, which things are closed or open and whether schools or resources are closed.

If you want 'fun' can I suggest that you post a jokes thread?

Just what's happened to the common sense of the people of Sheffield? Ok I'm going back to the fifties, but Schools never closed, people got to work, in short they just got on with it. I can remember my mother walking to her work on Hastings Road at Millhouses from the Manor at four o'clock in the morning because of snow, she just got on with it, my father did the same, he walked to Hackenthorpe to his work on building houses, seems people have forgot what their legs are really for, the only time I missed work was when it snowed heavy and I wasn't going to walk to my place of work in Hathersage

My parents were not different it's what everyone did, they just got on with it.

Just what's happened to the common sense of the people of Sheffield? Ok I'm going back to the fifties, but Schools never closed, people got to work, in short they just got on with it. I can remember my mother walking to her work on Hastings Road at Millhouses from the Manor at four o'clock in the morning because of snow, she just got on with it, my father did the same, he walked to Hackenthorpe to his work on building houses, seems people have forgot what their legs are really for, the only time I missed work was when it snowed heavy and I wasn't going to walk to my place of work in Hathersage

Possibly one of the most fatuous remarks I've read on an online forum for a long time.

How many people now work within walking distance of their home.

So, your parents walked to work in the snow.

You didn’t walk to work in the snow.

You expect the current generation to walk to work in the snow.

A well constructed argument, well done.