Winter weather thread 2017/2018

Better grit and plough every single road then just in case an ambulance is needed....

Guest makapaka
The issue is obvious. Thornsett is not a gritting route. Given Amey's failure to grit many secondary routes and keep access to all of Sheffield's work places why should priority be given to only the places they need to get. It's like if I was in control of gritting and decided to grit my own road so I could get home easily.

What should they have done?

What about all the good deeds we are hearing about like people handing out blankets and food to stuck motorists that's more like it , help out if you can .

It was lovely cycling to work this morning with no traffic on the roads.

According to bbc snow showers should be all but gone by 10 to leave a dry afternoon lets see if they are right,they said heavy snow showers all day last night.

According to bbc snow showers should be all but gone by 10 to leave a dry afternoon lets see if they are right,they said heavy snow showers all day last night.

It still says heavy snow snowers until 5pm where I am. I think some parts of Sheffield are getting hit harder than others.

What should they have done?

Gritted the main routes and secondary roads as per normal, not made an exception for themselves.

Why?asn"t been another substance other than Grit been created to clear snow,as grit might be o.k with moderate snow showers,but with this much of snow grit is not so good and get freezed over once put down,so the roads get icey over night

It still says heavy snow snowers until 5pm where I am. I think some parts of Sheffield are getting hit harder than others.

Looks like we are just on the border of the snow so quite difficult to forecast probably worse in the west of the city though.

Why?asn"t been another substance other than Grit been created to clear snow,as grit might be o.k with moderate snow showers,but with this much of snow grit is not so good and get freezed over once put down,so the roads get icey over night

What would you suggest?