Winter weather thread 2017/2018

Oh good, probably just short staffed, with people not being able to get in because of the snow

---------- Post added 28-02-2018 at 11:03 ----------

On another note has anyone noticed the Met Office website is only working intermittently?

Wow... Met Office have issued a Red warning for Scotland in the Glasgow and Edinburgh area. I think that's the first time I've seen a Red warning.

Hi guys where's best place to go sledging today please

the WACA if England are batting

Wow... Met Office have issued a Red warning for Scotland in the Glasgow and Edinburgh area. I think that's the first time I've seen a Red warning.

They don't go to a red warning lightly, as it does mean changing the bulb.

Just seen a gritter in Woodhouse.

Gritty mcgritface

---------- Post added 28-02-2018 at 11:44 ----------

I used to have a link to updating traffic cameras around Sheffield,but I cannot find one now.

Was it discontinued .

I haven’t been able to get it to work for ages. They’ve put an alternate link on the Sheffield.gov.uk website but the link doesn’t work

Get on the netweather site

They don't go to a red warning lightly, as it does mean changing the bulb.

:hihi:

Dwarfer... :thumbsup:

And the people who do not attempt to walk will expect to still get paid, if you don't even try to get in to work you should loose your pay

If people live a reasonable walking distance from their work, then as long as they're able bodied they ought to make the effort. It all depends on individual circumstances.

Edited by Guest

Proper whiteout in Wincobank right now. Can barely see the other side of the road due to all the drifting snow.

surprise corner and hill down to hathersage=trecherous

Now there's a surprise!

It used to be called winter, with a bit of wind on Friday. Now it's The Beast From The East and Storm Emma.

Even though there's not much snow compared to winters of a couple of decades ago, there are many many more snowflakes.

I take issue with a couple of decades ago. I can remember no more than half a dozen instances of heavy snow through my youth and early 20s. I think I was sent home from school once.

Snow round my way is heavy today. Got nowt yesterday really.