Wednesday v Birmingham

Sheridan1-0

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If ever a result was a false representation of a game, this is it.

Owls deserved the win overall, but that defence looks shaky as hell. Too many chances, too many mistakes.

3 points, 3 goals, clean sheet. Good result, but only papering over the defensive cracks.

Yep, I don't know quite how we do it, but we continue to keep our goals against column very low.

I think Hutchinson was immense again and in many games, without him, we may well have conceded a fair few more goals.

I never think of us as rock solid, but I can't blame Pudil for being weak down our left tonight. Fox was invisible at times, and got no real help from Nando.

Hunt was beaten too easily again down our right, but on the whole, he played quite well. He got more support from Wallace, and Hutch seems to cover Hunt better than he covers Pudil (or tonight) Fox. Don't know why, he just does.

3-0 flattered us to be fair, and Brum will come 'good' under Zola.

They played better than us for long periods.

Goals win games. Thank God for JR, SW and AR

Edited by Hotmale 1954

Haven't watched the game,internet in middle of France not too good but we have cried out for a good win by a few goals and tonight we've got it,another 3 points and payback time to Brum.

---------- Post added 10-02-2017 at 23:30 ----------

As an who cares how Brum were unlucky & hit the post goals count,hitting the woodwork doesn't :roll:

The owls 3.0 Birmingham that's what counts another clean sheet 3 points :banana: WAWAW ;)

Hitting the woodwork is off target,it may as well hit row z.

It was always going to be a straight forward win. I said 4-0 so I was close, but in fairness, it was expected but also if I was an owl, I'd be somewhat disappointed too. Birmingham are extremely poor. It wouldn't surprise me if they ended up in a relegation dog fight, so for me the score line should have been more.

I think the goal scorers are worth £16,000,000 combined? It's exactly what you should be getting for that price.

Promotion is certainly on and if you keep going like this, my prediction of automatic promotion will come alight come the end of the season.

Just got in from the match and how any one can say that Birmingham were unlucky is beyond me , they must watch football through rose coloured spectacles .

Well the game was far from one sided and we looked vunerable at the back as usual. We looked very good up until the first goal then took out foot off of the gas once again and looked like we was looking to just defend our lead. I really dont think it was a great performance and 3-0 was a flattering result but you have to take your chances which we did.

Owls deserved the win overall, but that defence looks shaky as hell. Too many chances, too many mistakes.

3 points, 3 goals, clean sheet. Good result, but only papering over the defensive cracks.

Is this the defence thats kept 6 clean sheets in 10 games and is only 4 clean sheets away from beating the Owls all time record mmmmmmmmmm :hihi:

Thought we invited them on after a good start,they got in down the left too easily and it spurred them on.

Reach should have come on earlier for me FF was having an off day,Hutch and Winnall had very good games,alas the latter missed the chance to put one on a plate for FF,but thats a striker instinct and you could see how desperate he was to get off the mark.

Not a classic performance by anymeans,but the rest need to take note of the placement of that Jack hunt cross.

UTO!!!

A funny old game as Greavsie used to say, a very positive formation started the game like a train with attacking intent and Rhodes got the inevitable goal, we then seemed to ease off and let Brum back in the game, although the front two of Rhodes and Winnall looked dangerous every time they had the ball, half time and a slender 1-0. The second half carried on in a similar vein with the blues looking more likely to get an equaliser when up popped Hunt with a cracking cross and Winnall with the goal, an upset FF off and Reach finished with the goal of the game, not a totally convincing performance but the biggest win of the season and another clean sheet. Good work lads.

I've actually had him to score anytime - surprisingly biggish odds at 41/20

Lovely. Said 3-0 and Rhodes would score. Wish I'd had 3-0 tho. Oh well the Rhodes winnings will do.

---------- Post added 11-02-2017 at 00:15 ----------

Shaky defence but a clean sheet. Take that.

Papering over the cracks ok

Edited by senwar