Leeds - Actual Capital of the North?

Some countries have more than one capital city.

No they don't, they might have states ( US and Australia) or provinces( Canada) that have their own capitals, but no sovereign nation has more than one national capital, what would be the point?

---------- Post added 26-11-2015 at 21:39 ----------

What on earth has Leeds given to the World. Sheffield has given Steel and Football, end of discussion :cool:

No they don't, they might have states ( US and Australia) or provinces( Canada) that have their own capitals, but no sovereign nation has more than one national capital, what would be the point?

---------- Post added 26-11-2015 at 21:39 ----------

What on earth has Leeds given to the World. Sheffield has given Steel and Football, end of discussion :cool:

Jimmy Saville.

Some people claim south Africa has three capitals.

Amsterdam may be the capital of Netherlands because the royals used to live there long time ago but it has no legal power whatsoever, that is all in then hague.

If you want to call a city a capital due to its far outdated royal history that is not my problem.

Do a little research next time.

Well Brewdog and Cavendish only have keg of course. And Leeds has two examples of BOTH of these.

Examples of them yes. But your claim was more keg pubs within 100metres of Leeds station than the entirety of Sheffield... So having a brewdog and a cavendish doesn't help your claim, unless they're on the doorstep of Leeds station.

Some people claim south Africa has three capitals.

Amsterdam may be the capital of Netherlands because the royals used to live there long time ago but it has no legal power whatsoever, that is all in then hague.

If you want to call a city a capital due to its far outdated royal history that is not my problem.

Do a little research next time.

I don't need to do a little research on my own country, thanks. Amsterdam is the capital, Den Haag is de seat of government. No ifs or buts, that is the way it is. South Africa is indeed an exception but then that is an exceptional country.

It is a toothless capital that has lost all its legal powers. The constitution calls Amsterdam a capital just like all Americans have the right to have firearms.

---------- Post added 27-11-2015 at 11:50 ----------

To get back on topic.

Leeds either needs legal powers, or the royal family needs to start living there or it needs the constitution to be saying that Leeds is a capital city of the north.

You're not the only person to say that but I nwasn;t impressed when I visited Liverpool. Maybe I didn't do enough homework and missed the best of it?

Fear not! There's a article about Liverpool on page 18 of Sheffield CAMRA's "Beer Matters"

http://www.sheffieldcamra.org.uk/Beer%20Matters%20459.pdf

Edited by Stoatwobbler