Leeds - Actual Capital of the North?

Do they come in a box with a tube of glue?

I'm not sure what to think about that, its either you have no internet, can't read or are just plain disrespectful of people who helped win the 2nd World War some of whom are still alive. It wasn't you who peed on the War Memorial down there was it?

not read the whole thread but going out for a full days shopping tomorrow, eating and drinking til late as leeds has far better shops bars and restaurants and has a far more cosmopolitan atmosphere , sorry sheffield you just dont cut it!! my money spent elsewhere

Feel free to stay there, nobody is making you live in Sheffield.

awwww:rolleyes: youre too kind,i didnt say i didnt like Sheffield, i just said the facilities , shopping and nightlife is far better in Leeds and sheffield doesnt cut it as the council has no idea how to attract retail investment.

I want to take sides because I have no preference to live in leeds.

But leeds does have more and better shops than Sheffield. Even gap and some other brand that my friend used to shop at (cant remember the name now) have left Sheffield and are in leeds now. When my friend wants perfume she can only get it from leeds or online now.

awwww:rolleyes: youre too kind,i didnt say i didnt like Sheffield, i just said the facilities , shopping and nightlife is far better in Leeds and sheffield doesnt cut it as the council has no idea how to attract retail investment.

Agree with you 100% I am Sheffield born and bred but spent almost 20 years moving around the country before havig to return to the city a couple of years ago to halp take care of my dad. Sadly Barnsley was as close as I could get at such short notice. The plan was always to move into Sheffield when I got the chance as my job is here, but now I'm not so sure. I love being closer to Leeds and Huddersfield for the variety and, as time goes on, the temptation would be to move North not South I'm afraid.

That said, maybe the redevelopment of the Moor and the new Retail Quarter will give Sheffield a much needed kick up the rear. I can only hope this is the case because, as a city, I prefer it.

I want to take sides because I have no preference to live in leeds.

But leeds does have more and better shops than Sheffield. Even gap and some other brand that my friend used to shop at (cant remember the name now) have left Sheffield and are in leeds now. When my friend wants perfume she can only get it from leeds or online now.

Gap... Does anyone even shop there? They've lost huge amounts of money and closed many stores in the last year because they failed to move with the times.

Agree with you 100% I am Sheffield born and bred but spent almost 20 years moving around the country before havig to return to the city a couple of years ago to halp take care of my dad. Sadly Barnsley was as close as I could get at such short notice. The plan was always to move into Sheffield when I got the chance as my job is here, but now I'm not so sure. I love being closer to Leeds and Huddersfield for the variety and, as time goes on, the temptation would be to move North not South I'm afraid.

That said, maybe the redevelopment of the Moor and the new Retail Quarter will give Sheffield a much needed kick up the rear. I can only hope this is the case because, as a city, I prefer it.

sadly with this councils blinkers the new retail quarter will prob never happen and if it does it will be a disaster like the new market, the problem is the council dont look at schemes from a business point of view:roll:

The moor is going to be as big of a disaster as the market. The redevelopment is only a small little part of the moor.

Cineworld will be flying high with its refurb, 4DX and is closer to the tram with a bigger (but not big enough) parking lot.

Last week there was someone screaming about believing in god and the bible on moor with a loud soundsystem.

Leeds has more shopping brands and products to offer.

Sheffield is shrinking, leeds is keeping up and keeps these shops that Sheffield has lost.