Leeds - Actual Capital of the North?

For city centre drinking I reckon Liverpool out trumps them all:

https://www.visitliverpool.com/dbimgs/Real%20Ale%20Liverpool.pdf

I don't agree at all. Liverpool's beer scene is well behind Manchester, Leeds and Sheffield.

And the less said about the Baltic Fleet the better!

... and what a load of Wiki nonsense that is! :hihi:

Leeds City Region tries to claim York and Barnsley even though on their own map they don't share a boundary with Leeds.

So by that reckoning maybe Sheffield should be grouped with Manchester and Nottingham.

Absolute piffle! :roll:

Have a look at the area that will be encompassed by the new Sheffield city region...

You are correct - Leeds is far more craft keg. Still haven't found a decent range of anything in Manchester centre if I'm honest. When I go I stay out in Chorlton, which has EIGHT good bars in a relatively small area, and a direct Metro link into the centre as well as bus services to the airport. Have to be honest it's probably top of my list of alternative places to live, but would need much better links to Sheffield, or a new job, in order to do so.

Barnsley is supposed to be in both Metropolitan regions yes. Which is why I have constantly argued for it to be marketted as a commuter town for both, with better / concessionary travel between the two. But most Barnsley citizens won't accept that - they want it to be seen in it's own right and hate both Leeds AND Sheffield. Camneron was right when he said Yorkshire people hate each other even more than they hate everyone else.

Does Port Street Beer House not count as Manchester town centre? Excellent range in there. You could mention Piccadilly Tap as well (although I'm not nearly as keen on that one personally).

I totally agree with you about Barnsley BTW. Although if I'm not sure how Barnsley being in both city regions would actually work in practice.

http://www.leedsforum.co.uk/

Well, if forums have much to do with anything I would say that Sheffield wins hands down.

Some of the forums within Leeds Forum haven't had a post on for weeks !

http://www.leedsforum.co.uk/

Well, if forums have much to do with anything I would say that Sheffield wins hands down.

Some of the forums within Leeds Forum haven't had a post on for weeks !

Maybe they can't write as good as us Sheffielder's

Thats a joke Mort

Leeds is the third largest city in England , Sheffield is forth & Manchester is about 7th behind Bradford .

Doesn't that make Manchester's success relative to Sheffield all the more impressive?

Some countries have more than one capital city.

No they don't, they might have states ( US and Australia) or provinces( Canada) that have their own capitals, but no sovereign nation has more than one national capital, what would be the point?

---------- Post added 26-11-2015 at 21:39 ----------

What on earth has Leeds given to the World. Sheffield has given Steel and Football, end of discussion :cool:

No they don't, they might have states ( US and Australia) or provinces( Canada) that have their own capitals, but no sovereign nation has more than one national capital, what would be the point?

---------- Post added 26-11-2015 at 21:39 ----------

What on earth has Leeds given to the World. Sheffield has given Steel and Football, end of discussion :cool:

Jimmy Saville.

Some people claim south Africa has three capitals.

Amsterdam may be the capital of Netherlands because the royals used to live there long time ago but it has no legal power whatsoever, that is all in then hague.

If you want to call a city a capital due to its far outdated royal history that is not my problem.

Do a little research next time.

Some people claim south Africa has three capitals...

:confused:

Well even I know that South Africa only has two capitals... :roll:

Well Brewdog and Cavendish only have keg of course. And Leeds has two examples of BOTH of these.

Examples of them yes. But your claim was more keg pubs within 100metres of Leeds station than the entirety of Sheffield... So having a brewdog and a cavendish doesn't help your claim, unless they're on the doorstep of Leeds station.

Some people claim south Africa has three capitals.

Amsterdam may be the capital of Netherlands because the royals used to live there long time ago but it has no legal power whatsoever, that is all in then hague.

If you want to call a city a capital due to its far outdated royal history that is not my problem.

Do a little research next time.

I don't need to do a little research on my own country, thanks. Amsterdam is the capital, Den Haag is de seat of government. No ifs or buts, that is the way it is. South Africa is indeed an exception but then that is an exceptional country.