Lib Dem Sheffield conference 11 March to cost SY police 2M

ChrisIB

Dont worry, ...........after its finished, sheffield residents will be tarnished, the police with have caused some major incident and the tory party will never give anything to sheffield again......the city can then rejoice and go back to being insular.

I have to wonder if the Council didn't 'volunteer' Sheffield as a venue. It would seem pretty stupid though given the local antipathy towards Nick Clegg....or perhaps the LibDems on the Council still see him as the boy wonder.

Of course they volunteered Sheffield......and 2 years ago when the decision was made....it was excellent for the City and SIV.

Now however, Nick is the voodoo doll we all want to put pins in, and people are moaning its in Sheffield...

I have to wonder if the Council didn't 'volunteer' Sheffield as a venue. It would seem pretty stupid though given the local antipathy towards Nick Clegg....or perhaps the LibDems on the Council still see him as the boy wonder.

I sincerely hope that is NOT the case. It does make me wonder though, what with Scrivens music video for Mercure, and I presume that will be the accommodation of choice for delegates :suspect:

I think we have a right to know WHICH bright spark is behind Sheffield being selected as a venue.

i think its a perfect venue.... if you want to give the police justification for going in heavy handed, and a guarantee of trouble. Of course trouble means maximum publicity, and that's of course what it boils down to.

its basically a ploy to demonstrate how bad protests are.. and i think it might work...

Surely the fact they've chosen Sheffield is because it's relatively central in the UK and the party leader's constituency is there.

Common sense surely?

The Conservatives go toward Brighton or Birmingham which are in the areas where they are politically successful and Labour usually go to Blackpool again in the heartland of their voting demographic.

Sorry, but what days is this happing? I know starting this Friday and Saturday (Main Day). Is that it, just Fri and Sat or is it happening Sunday and Monday as well?

Thanks.

Up to and including Sunday I think.

Official protests at 4.30pm Friday and 11am at Devonshire Green.

Surely the fact they've chosen Sheffield is because it's relatively central in the UK and the party leader's constituency is there.

Common sense surely?

The Conservatives go toward Brighton or Birmingham which are in the areas where they are politically successful and Labour usually go to Blackpool again in the heartland of their voting demographic.

If Sheffield is the new heartland for the Lib Dems, heaven help them.:hihi::hihi:

Dont worry, ...........after its finished, sheffield residents will be tarnished, the police with have caused some major incident and the tory party will never give anything to sheffield again......the city can then rejoice and go back to being insular.

Full of contradictions here...

1/ Why will Sheffield residents be tarnished?

2/ Why would the Police cause a major incident?

3/ WTF did the Tory Party EVER give to Sheffield anyway?

Your assuming that the protests will be violent, and every protester i have spoken to have made a big point of stating PEACEFUL protests.

Some people on here need :help: