Lib Dem Sheffield conference 11 March to cost SY police 2M

ChrisIB

Thank you for agreeing with me that posters are indeed resorting to political smears.

Typical Labour, twisting other people's words to suit their own agenda.

Perhaps the word used should have been allegations of political smears. If you find any evidence then why don't you:

A) respond to them.

B) Click the REPORT button.

But no doubt it will be

C) Cry foul, but don't put any meaningful points across to remedy the situation, just like the current opposition.

Nick Clegg has committed the Lib Dems to being in a coalition government for a full five years. The Lib Dems are now reaping public opprobrium for making that decision.

Had the numbers been different and Clegg had formed a coalition with Labour would you still be giving him the big sneer ? I think not.

It's all just sour grapes.

Is Nick Clegg a Hero or a Villein obviously not the latter as his family wouldn't have been able to fork out for his school fees!!

Does he understand the problems facing ordinary working folk in Sheffield- NO but he still seems to be able to charm some of the gullible chattering classes in the leafy suburbs!!!

The lad in charge of Labour has not a clue how to get us out of the mess his amateur lot got us into.No one has heard the lad utter one word that could give us hope.All you hear is the "cuts are too fast" and "what about the poor",usual pandering Labour stuff!

+1 to that. They're not even playing their cards close to their chest, they're absolutely clueless and that's because they've lied so much about the finance problems they've even convinced themselves that things weren't bad when they clearly were.

Is Nick Clegg a Hero or a Villein obviously not the latter as his family wouldn't have been able to fork out for his school fees!!

Does he understand the problems facing ordinary working folk in Sheffield- NO but he still seems to be able to charm some of the gullible chattering classes in the leafy suburbs!!!

Lets hope your "third" post on the Forum is a bit more intelligent!

Had the numbers been different and Clegg had formed a coalition with Labour would you still be giving him the big sneer ? I think not.

It's all just sour grapes.

Didn't he make clear before people voted he would form a coalition with the largest party? If so, voters cannot cry foul when he does just that and inevitably has to support many of their policies that the lib dems don't agree with.

Having a broken ankle I've not had a chance to see the barriers etc in all their glory. But looking at various images of the city centre over the last few days on friends FB pages I was struck by the symbolism of it all.

Liberal Democrats - The Party Under Siege

What else can you buy for 2 million? The mind boggles. Why dont the lib dems cough up? As it's they're conference that caused it!

I think it is the folks intent on stopping the Lib/Dems having a conference that are causing it. If the rabble had their way there would only be one party allowed to exist.

On the face of it £2 million seems a lot to pay for Sheffield to show the world what a load of scum we have around. I note that The World Speed Skating Championships are being held this weekend in the city. So it looks like the riots and vandalism will be broadcast to the world so that overseas investors will know where not to invest their money.